Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

Where's the fun in that?

Well, apparently it isn't much fun for you to see model discussion not pan out the way you would like, and it's also not as fun to just ignore the model runs and discussion and be surprised when you wake up in the morning and see a snowfall like when you were 10 years old.  You do realize that you can't have it both ways, right?   :whistle:   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looking at this map I would guess all of wnc would get a hefty snowfall, i guess i'm focusing on the red and being on the north and northwest side eventually.

That map is a real-time analysis. Like the water vapor loop, its a representation of current conditions. And like the wv loop, perhaps we can look at it to see what may happen in the future.

A met could explain it more lucidly than I, but basically you are looking at the winds of the upper atmosphere (300mb jetstreams) and then the potential advection (movement) of vorticies.

The potential remains for significant snow fall across portions of southwest Virginia Tuesday night into Wednesday. This map depicts the probability of greater than 4" of snowfall.

Red Shading: At least 70%
Green Shading: At least 40%
Blue Shading: At Least 10%
63895_493057797419828_2074423466_n.jpg

For you guys in Va.

18z NAM vs. 00z NAM is night and day almost. The phase happens much later and the southern energy is less positively tilted. Trend or the NAM just being out to lunch?

I mean clearly since it is one run of the NAM you just throw it out mostly.  However, I'll take my bone and be happy with it.

18z NAM vs. 00z NAM is night and day almost. The phase happens much later and the southern energy is less positively tilted. Trend or the NAM just being out to lunch?

I think HM called it. He mentioned how that energy in Canada may interact and help break that ULL off and push it south. It almost looks like that on this run but didn't quite do it till the last minute.

Archived