amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at a WV loop.  Could someone verify that this LP is starting its dive SE already?

I do believe so.   In looking at the 24-hour water vapor loop here, its movement has mostly been to the SE.

http://preview.weather.gov/edd/

The whole water vapor mass for many hundreds of miles north is sort of moving SE as well!  It seems to have to do with the two large systems to the west in the Pacific starting to overlap eachother. 

Ukie came north -- not much, but enough to extinguish hope.

Burger, I know you were waiting til the Monday 12zs, but I'm afraid Dr. Carter already called the time of death on this one for us south of I-40 folks.

Good night all -- good luck to Virginia and northern NC folks.

GFS crushes the NE too, epic way to end winter for the MA and NE. If the GFS is correct this will be heavy weight knock out, no longer will Euro be king, it will be the GFS. I bet Euro caves tonight and DT goes down in flames.

BTW, UK ticked north, SLP over Hatteras.

Ukie came north -- not much, but enough to extinguish hope.

Burger, I know you were waiting til the Monday 12zs, but I'm afraid Dr. Carter already called the time of death on this one for us south of I-40 folks.

Good night all -- good luck to Virginia and northern NC folks.

Agreed, I can't believe the GFS can be this wrong, Euro must cave tonight.

GFS run pretty much the same compared to 18z run...my only question would be the initial 12-24 hours on the 0z run, does it get that far east before diving down?

I don't think so, WV map shows, I think, the ULL moving SSE already.  The southern energy looks to be clearing out the way.  I know its more nowcasting than anything, but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in eastern OK.  

Edit: I think the Euro might trend even further south.  I'm on the southern end of the NC escarpment right at the NC/SC line so I doubt I'll cash in, But others will and I might make a chase to TN if needed..

I don't think so, WV map shows, I think, the ULL moving SSE already.  The southern energy looks to be clearing out the way.  I know its more nowcasting than anything, but wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in eastern OK.  

If that spin ends up in Southern OK, then I'll be getting one last bag of snow melt

I thought someone else said the UKIE ticked north.  Can someone confirm?

TW

Yes, but wayyyy south of GFS, it lines up well with GGEM and Euro now and the NAM to some extent. The GFS is on another planet, it's either really good and the rest of the models in the world suck or it's the other way around.

The surface low on the Canadian does not go north of the NC/VA border. On the GFS, the surface low gets as far north as ~100 miles south of Cape Cod.

WTF??????

I know it's insane, I don't ever recall the models this far apart for a 60-72 hour model prog.

Looks pretty consistent to me. All show a NC shaft and a VA/DC special.

The GFS just gave Boston a foot of snow.  The Euro and most other modeling give Boston nothing.  That's a huge difference.

The GFS also just gave areas in VA that the Euro progged for 12" of snow nothing but rain.

Archived