SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CPC (who traditionally do pretty well) going above normal with both temperature and precipitation in the 6 to 10 day outlook (would take us through about 27 December)...then cooling to a good probability of normal temperatures & normal rainfall in the 8 to 14 day outlook (that would cover 25 Dec - 31 Dec).  There does appear to me a considerable pool of below normal temperatures building in the mid section of the nation the last week of the month...since most things move west to east...some of it should eventually make its way to the coast...though perhaps modifying just a bit by its travels over the Great Lakes & the Appalachians. 

CPC (who traditionally do pretty well) going above normal with both temperature and precipitation in the 6 to 10 day outlook (would take us through about 27 December)...then cooling to a good probability of normal temperatures & normal rainfall in the 8 to 14 day outlook (that would cover 25 Dec - 31 Dec). There does appear to me a considerable pool of below normal temperatures building in the mid section of the nation the last week of the month...since most things move west to east...some of it should eventually make its way to the coast...though perhaps modifying just a bit by its travels over the Great Lakes & the Appalachians.

This might explain why NG had dropped in recent trading. Someone on this board told me the "CPC Cats" are money.

Feel free to look up their winter forecast for the CONUS 2013 2014

Money alright .

Horrible for last year for sure, but likely to be better this year...sure we'll get some cold, but it's not likely to be a big deal and snowfall is likely going to be average or below.   Run of the mill winter in the end IMO

Bastardi throwing "delayed" around on his Saturday Summary video regarding the lack of snow and meaningful cold during this dull first portion of the winter. 

If you have followed Bastardi, that's another one of his ways to lay a possible exit from his forecast. He did that too during the duds of past and it just never came outside of a short period where we actually had winter... Will be interesting to see what he says this week now that it's evident there's going to be no -NAO and the EPO ridge is transient.   Just watched his monday avenger and he's rattled, that's for sure.

Just 3 weeks ago he was talking about 50% snowfall coverage across the USA for x-mas.  Needless to say, that's going to bust hard.

If you have followed Bastardi, that's another one of his ways to lay a possible exit from his forecast. He did that too during the duds of past and it just never came outside of a short period where we actually had winter... Will be interesting to see what he says this week now that it's evident there's going to be no -NAO and the EPO ridge is transient.   Just watched his monday avenger and he's rattled, that's for sure.

Just 3 weeks ago he was talking about 50% snowfall coverage across the USA for x-mas.  Needless to say, that's going to bust hard.

Man ... I'd just subscribe for the comedic value. 

It seems to me, meteorology is part science and part art. It's like Divination in the Harry Potter novels. Some meteorologists are like Sybill Trelawney and some are like Firenze.

Yes, I know, I'm a dork.

I don't even get these references w/o a google search and I'm like really literary...though characterizing it as part art / part science is a view I can agree with.  Welcome to the board.

I don't even get these references w/o a google search and I'm like really literary...though characterizing it as part art / part science is a view I can agree with.  Welcome to the board.

Literary references are like jokes: If you have to explain them, you've got a problem. In my mind, I keep seeing long-range meteorologists as people who read tea-leaves to see the future.

And thanks for the welcome. I think I will go back to lurking, though. Reading the back-and-forth is much more entertaining.

Literary references are like jokes: If you have to explain them, you've got a problem. In my mind, I keep seeing long-range meteorologists as people who read tea-leaves to see the future.

And thanks for the welcome. I think I will go back to lurking, though. Reading the back-and-forth is much more entertaining.

I haven't exactly spent much time with JK Rowling; nor have I seen *any* of the Harry Potter films; but I must confess that I found seasons 2 & 3 of The American Horror Story "Asylum" & "Coven" to be amongst the most splendid television I had seen in quite a while.  Jessica Lange absolutely owns every episode.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived