Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a small pocket of below normal right on the EC but the country west of the Ohio valley was well above.

Not to mention the month was saved on xmas day.

How the hell did I forget that.

Xmas 02' was the last time i had thundersnow where i live and the most prolific snowfall rates experienced as well! True wraparound snowfall

Steve D is keeping an eye out for next weekend. He says that the models are flip flopping way too much. He says that the pattern is favorable for a small storm  He said it could be white along the coast.

Ha, ha.  Putting that info out is hype, non-scientific and a best an outlook, guess, generality.   Managements pressure to up ratings and following imho.

Steve D is keeping an eye out for next weekend. He says that the models are flip flopping way too much. He says that the pattern is favorable for a small storm  He said it could be white along the coast.

Today's official NWS forecast for this weekend that is 6-7 days out:   Always expect changes as time moves on.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

Today's official NWS forecast for this weekend that is 6-7 days out:   Always expect changes as time moves on.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN

THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

It's looking like there will not be any amplification for the precip to come into the area this upcoming weekend. The precip get squashed to the south.

Joe Cioffi

Right now this is reminding me of the winter of 1976-1977 where one brutal cold air mass after another came down from Canada. NYC only went above freezing once for a few hours for almost 40 days..from Christmas Eve 1976 to early February 1977. Food for thought. Also food for thought is that while that stretch produced the second coldest January on record, it was NOT remarkable from the standpoint of snowfall. Snow was about normal for that winter 25-30 inches for the whole season. Also that was the winter where the snowbelts in upstate NY were killed with snow. Buffalo finished the winter with nearly 200 inches total or about 14 feet!

...tom nizzol (TWC)..<paraphrasing>...models now showing another arctic blast on or about Thanksgiving.

...larry cosgrove agrees..major ridging from california to the yukon with another arctic intrusion 11-27/11-28.

same thing might happen this month that happened in in October the longer range models advertised a normal to above normal November but then changed to colder as we got closer.....

Joe Cioffi

1976-77 just missed having a white Christmas by 24 hours...3" fell Christmas night into the next morning...There was marginal temperatures during the event...The winds came from the west at the start...A few storms that year started with a westerly wind...There were some mild days from the end of November and December 1976 but none after Christmas...1976-77 had 45 days with a max 32 or lower...I believe that is tied for the all time record...Last year we got 33 such days...

JB gets the last laugh as DT vomits the phrase 76-77 all over Facebook. (after making fun of JB for saying November was headed that way)

Ill prefer JB over DT any day just due to his level of maturity. DT showed how immature he was when he mentioned JB being a fool mentioning 76-77. Yes i know and its been well documented JB has a severe cold bias but the writing was on the wall for our nations midsection to get some all time record cold in november. Next test for JB will be how he handles december :popcorn:

Ill prefer JB over DT any day just due to his level of maturity. DT showed how immature he was when he mentioned JB being a fool mentioning 76-77. Yes i know and its been well documented JB has a severe cold bias but the writing was on the wall for our nations midsection to get some all time record cold in november. Next test for JB will be how he handles december :popcorn:

right now, he's leaning towards a break in the action especially 1st half of the month...but he laid out maps showing how some of the greats had warm Decembers or at least somewhat of a break b/w the November cold and then the brutal Januarys

right now, he's leaning towards a break in the action especially 1st half of the month...but he laid out maps showing how some of the greats had warm Decembers or at least somewhat of a break b/w the November cold and then the brutal Januarys

Yea saw that this morning, however weenies have tunnel vision and that will go out the window as everyday passes in december with no snow. Im looking forward to a mild first half of december, let it hold off before we go into the ice box for good.

Larry Cosgrove

I fully believe the ECMWF model suite with its blocking pattern into Alaska, a +PNA/-EPO hybrid that teleconnects well with a full-latitude trough and Arctic intrusion which reaches Mexico and Central America. Will there be a storm with this powerful cold shot. Yes, and although the track forecast this far out is uncertain, there is a credible notion that a Gulf Coast and Eastern Seaboard trajectory may be realized. With monstrous cold unheard of for Thanksgiving weekend."

76-77 would kinda suck couse it was mainly very cold and dry we finished that year with near normal snow. If this winter Finishes like that one it definitely would not be the cold and snowy winter most people were calling for!!!!!

..tom nizzol (TWC)..discussing thanksgiving w/e..showed the discrepancy in the GFS/EURO.

EURO w/ a sharper trough..GFS flatter..if the EURO is right there could be a storm along the east coast.

They may be right or wrong but they are on the bottom with TWC as far as who i take seriously for forecasts. I agree though thanksgiving weekend does look interested for a coastal storm on the EC :popcorn:

Bernie Rayno talked about the same thing last night on his accuweather.com video.

Bernie maybe a nice guy, but then again so am I, the factthat I have followedd the weather for better part of 30 years doesnt make me a professional or knowledgable Met ;) . Furthermore he is part of a pattern at Accu that, as a journo, I call ' Yellow Mets'. = yellow journalism.

1976-77 would have been great if it had one big snowstorm...The best snow was only 5.2"...The 3.1" that fell Christmas night was on the ground in spots until mid February...March 77 was quite mild and had very little snow...el nino years usually can go either way in March...the average is above normal...

cd100.33.44.93.324.8.36.25.prcp.png

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived