• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Pattern and Discussion

Bevo

Thermals are a mess on the GFS, without phasing there is no mechanism to crash heights on the backside and setup the conveyer, just the attendant cold pool aloft which is pretty weak.

New rule. When the precip pattern looks like a one man sub, you do not want to be in the periscope.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thermals are a mess on the GFS, without phasing there is no mechanism to crash heights on the backside and setup the conveyer, just the attendant cold pool aloft which is pretty weak.

Is the EURO phasing energy?  Or is this just a low formation off he coast?  If not it may be too warm for most of the SE.

Is the EURO phasing energy?  Or is this just a low formation off he coast?  If not it may be too warm for most of the SE.

Yes, the past 2 runs have phased in energy over the Lakes, hence the bombogenesis off the VA Capes, GFS is a solitary vort, kinda like the little engine that could, just not in early March.

Yes, the past 2 runs have phased in energy over the Lakes, hence the bombogenesis off the VA Capes, GFS is a solitary vort, kinda like the little engine that could, just not in early March.

When you look at the Euro more closely and you see it breaking off a piece of the low over the lakes that cuts off for the energy to phase with it seems that has high bust potential. That feature doesn't even occur until roughly day 6. It's the hand we are dealt, but man if the Euro pulls this off it's going into the hall of fame.

And the thing is, we need the energy diving down to not get to far south as it will miss the phase as the 2nd piece of energy is over the lakes.

post-2311-0-21349700-1362018998_thumb.pn

Unfortunately, BL temperatures are probably way too warm there over the water (50F+ according to the NAM). Otherwise, we could head down and rent a boat and go on an AmericanWx snow chase.

Excuse me, but I'm using the blue weenie 850 line to denote snow. Don't worry me with boundary layer temperatures and mess up my lamenting!! :lol:

Archived