joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Pattern and Discussion

Bevo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The run to run consistency on the Euro is horrible, last night's Ensemble spaghetti plots looked like, well, spaghetti. So looking at deterministic runs right now is even more fruitless than normal at the 6-8 day range. Chill out and wait a few days when "maybe" things will settle down a bit.

It looks like it stalls out and just pounds NC.  Ridiculous.  I think it does to NC what it did to the Mid-Atlantic last run, though I'm just going off of 24-hour panels.

Whatever the case the solution is ridiculous and probably wrong.  I wouldn't mind cashing out, though...

No, this one has to be right for sure! At least I can dream it is.

I think even if the wacky GFS and Euro solutions verify, it's a loser for all except maybe mountains and extreme northern NC. Even if a low pops off Charleston, it will have gotten there by passing over or north of most on this board -- that's just not going to work.

I might be wrong, but it seems that the Euro transferring energy off the coast in a Miller B fashion (24-hour panels make it hard to say for sure, though).  Of course, I can't think of the last time a Miller B worked out well for us, though we rarely see the low transfer to off the SC coast (usually, its further north which ensures screwage)

I'm sure it's wrong and the solution looks ridiculous, but it would be interesting to watch unfold from a meteorological point of view.

The 12z euro precip field on 3/6 is just laughable and the way the past few years have gone for my area I could see it happening. At hr 174 w/ a 1004mb low off the SC/NC coast there is no precip in NC. All precip is in eastern SC and then Va. north....LOL.

On a serious note the 850's look good but 2m temps are horrible. Most of that has to do w/ the timing.

The 12z euro precip field on 3/6 is just laughable and the way the past few years have gone for my area I could see it happening. At hr 174 w/ a 1004mb low off the SC/NC coast there is no precip in NC. All precip is in eastern SC and then Va. north....LOL.On a serious note the 850's look good but 2m temps are horrible. Most of that has to do w/ the timing.

If that idiotic solution pans out where the low bombs out just off the SC coast, there will be snow and lots of it. Unless the surface temps are blazing, that's a snowstorm. Will it happen? Haha! No way.

Not sure it's laughable -- basically, the same thing that happens with all Miller B's (a big precip void where the switch happens) is happening in this case. There is no initial surge of Gulf moisture so only the Atlanta fetch is tapped. I think that moisture field is very plausible (even though the solution isn't).

The 12z euro precip field on 3/6 is just laughable and the way the past few years have gone for my area I could see it happening. At hr 174 w/ a 1004mb low off the SC/NC coast there is no precip in NC. All precip is in eastern SC and then Va. north....LOL. On a serious note the 850's look good but 2m temps are horrible. Most of that has to do w/ the timing.

Not sure it's laughable -- basically, the same thing that happens with all Miller B's (a big precip void where the switch happens) is happening in this case. There is no initial surge of Gulf moisture so only the Atlanta fetch is tapped. I think that moisture field is very plausible (even though the solution isn't).

I agree the moisture field is very plausible. What's laughable would be moisture to the south of me and north of me. The way it has gone here lately I could see it happening.

Ahhhh -- yes, laughable in a demonic sort of way. Roger that.

My fear is that people see a strengthening low off of the S.C. coast and immediately think Carolinas snowstorm.

As you know, not necessarily the case.

I agree the moisture field is very plausible. What's laughable would be moisture to the south of me and north of me. The way it has gone here lately I could see it happening.

Ahhhh -- yes, laughable in a demonic sort of way. Roger that.

My fear is that people see a strengthening low off of the S.C. coast and immediately think Carolinas snowstorm.

As you know, not necessarily the case.

That's what I think. :)

Granted, I can only see the 24 hour panels, but with a strengthening ULL over south central GA that moves off the SC/NC coast at 192, while sparking a surface low right off the SC coast that bombs out while crawling up the coast, to have NC completely shut out in the precip department would be less believable than a 10 GFS snowstorm in the middle of last winter.

I guess it could happen, but no way things play out that way.

Granted, I can only see the 24 hour panels, but with a strengthening ULL over south central GA that moves off the SC/NC coast at 192, while sparking a surface low right off the SC coast that bombs out while crawling up the coast, to have NC completely shut out in the precip department would be less believable than a 10 GFS snowstorm in the middle of last winter.

someone has to take the dryslot.

Of course this could be the one time it does happens.

I translated it as, If the models did something else we would have a different result.  Not exactly shocking.

lol.  Yeah I figured, but I'm not sure if he was saying it was close, what vorts he was talking about and what two different time periods he was referencing.  Just didn't follow.  Hopefully what ever he wanted to happen will happen!

Archived