amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March Pattern and Discussion

Bevo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see how the rest of the column, but imo it's a little early to worry about that. A 1039 HP is pretty strong, if it stays at that strength I could see this trend colder. But as it is, it looks like nw nc get's hammered this run for sure

Would like to see how the rest of the column, but imo it's a little early to worry about that. A 1039 HP is pretty strong, if it stays at that strength I could see this trend colder. But as it is, it looks like nw nc get's hammered this run for sure

A good chunk of NC gets hammered this run.  Morganton is at 33 degrees when the event starts and drops to 31 degrees during the heart of the event.  The snow maps are a beauty. 

00zgfssnowdepth162.gif

• Here's DT's tak on the 0z Goofus!!

BUT as these maps show the GFS is clearly dropping the main energy TOOO far to the south next Wednesday. Not only does the patttern show this but the GFS has a strong tendency to weakens and supress Big east coast Lows in the Day 4 to day 10 range...

That's 2 Met's pretty much saying it's bogus! So I wouldn't get to excited...

BUT as these maps show the GFS is clearly dropping the main energy TOOO far to the south next Wednesday. Not only does the patttern show this but the GFS has a strong tendency to weakens and supress Big east coast Lows in the Day 4 to day 10 range...

I agree not sure why everyone here is saying orgasmic, hell where er body at, 5+ posting the same snowfall map, for a 7 day storm.

Way too early to be getting exciting for this one unless you don't mind getting burned. 

Here's DT's tak on the 0z Goofus!!

DT uses way too many definites in the LR.  I'm still waiting for my major ice storm on February 22nd that he basically guaranteed 7+ days out.  Of course, he may be right, but still.

DT uses way too many definites in the LR.  I'm still waiting for my major ice storm on February 22nd that he basically guaranteed 7+ days out.  Of course, he may be right, but still.

agreed. we have to realize these people(DT and JB) make money off their forecasts and cater to folks mainly in the NE. This could cloud their judgement. 

upstate sc is getting hardly anything on that model run hope it changes

Not looking good for that at the moment. Being 7 days out we usually see northward trends begin within 2-4 days out. This could trend to a VA storm and leave the Asheville area out too, which is my current thinking but obviously not sure from just 1 model run.

Not always good to see the bulleye near Wilkes 7 days out. Would much prefer it to be 80 miles south of here.

Still chance of nothing anywhere close to NC.

I can count on one hand the number of times in the last two winters a model run has showed accumulating snow for me in the 7-day or less range.

I can also count on one hand -- or fewer -- the number of times you've made a post that contributed anything to the discussion on this board.

I agree not sure why everyone here is saying orgasmic, hell where er body at, 5+ posting the same snowfall map, for a 7 day storm.

Way too early to be getting exciting for this one unless you don't mind getting burned. 

Archived