• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 24th threat part deux

Typhoon Tip

So is he saying even with a warmer solution half is still snow?

Basically, there is a strong correlation between a weaker storm - warmer temps - less QPF - more taint.

On the flip side, there is a strong correlation between a stronger storm - colder temps because of better dynamics - more QPF - less taint.

Simply put, strong is good for both temps and precip amounts. The odds of a washout are low, as are the odds of just a very light snowfall with no change.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a textbook paste bomb for the hills of NW and NE CT, possibly including KTOL. I'll put out a map after the Euro comes out, to see if it ticks one way or another...low track is good, although the wind direction and high placement aren't great, just shave 1-2F off of the GFS/Euro and there you go.

Maybe but we don't have enough of a track record with the "improved" GGEM, will be interested to see how the Euro moved in 20 minutes.

yeah i hear ya. but i have to assume that the new model was run parallel with the old one for months and months before they made it operational. we here may not yet be familiar with any type of bias it now has, but to say we can't trust it because it's new is a tough one. if it displayed that erroneous of a temp bias or whatnot (whatever the issue may be), they would have fixed it. now...the solution could be total garbage...but that's another point. 

This is a textbook paste bomb for the hills of NW and NE CT, possibly including KTOL. I'll put out a map after the Euro comes out, to see if it ticks one way or another...low track is good, although the wind direction and high placement aren't great, just shave 1-2F off of the GFS/Euro and there you go.

Well the NE hills of CT and Tolland aren't mutually exclusive lol. They're one and the same

My car got either towed or stolen in NYC. And I have the biggest gig of my life in 1 hour. David Letterman with Paul Shaffer. If I couldn't hate this city anymore........... This storm better be good. Really Fricken good.

Just put on those shades, jump up on a park bench and start ripping out some tunes on the accordion . Numerous people will just give you their cars

yeah i hear ya. but i have to assume that the new model was run parallel with the old one for months and months before they made it operational. we here may not yet be familiar with any type of bias it now has, but to say we can't trust it because it's new is a tough one. if it displayed that erroneous of a temp bias or whatnot (whatever the issue may be), they would have fixed it. now...the solution could be total garbage...but that's another point. 

Oh I know, nothing is tossed.

But like we all agreed on earlier, the SREF's had to be run parallel too and we all know how that turned out the first month or two of winter ;)

Euro/GFS is still the best combination in terms of a blend long as they're similar

the ggem is torched. kisses S VT with the 0C 850 line.

something is off with this system. 

The main southern stream s/w is near Texas/New Mexico as light precip is breaking out in ENY and CT on Sat morning.  The upper support is lacking for a coastal low until very late.  That gives low-mid levels time to warm and shunts the stj moisture east and mostly offshore.  I think elevated, interior, eastern sections can recover.

...COASTAL STORM INTENSIFYING OFF NEW ENGLAND SATURDAY NIGHT INTO

SUNDAY...

PREFERENCE: 12Z GFS/12Z UKMET/00Z ECMWF COMPROMISE

COMPARED TO THE GFS/UKMET/CMC/ECMWF...THE 12Z NAM IS THE QUICKEST

TO STREAK A PIECE OF ENERGY ALOFT THROUGH THE LOWER

MISSISSIPPI/TENNESSEE VALLEYS LATE SATURDAY AND THEN IS THE

FASTEST AND MOST AGGRESSIVE WITH AMPLIFYING THE ENERGY OFF THE NEW

ENGLAND COAST SUNDAY MORNING. THIS RESULTS IN THE NAM BEING A

FAST/DEEP OUTLIER WITH DEVELOPING A SURFACE LOW OFF THE

MID-ATLANTIC COAST AND TRACKING IT TOWARDS SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND

SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY. ON THE FLIP SIDE...THE 12Z CMC IS THE LEAST

AGGRESSIVE WITH AMPLIFYING THE ENERGY ALOFT AND THEREFORE A WEAK