bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
WidreMann told us it was gonna snow thread

LithiaWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a little snow mixing in with the rain during the heaviest part (which is actually surprising given what I'm saying  below)  but otherwise that's going to be it.

The lookout screwzone  (which is what I call this blocking of cold air by the mountains) is in full effect with the mountains, as I said, blocking CAA in the 925/950 mb area, as well as the surface. For example greenwood is 36, Gainesville is 37 (but would be colder if there was precip) while I'm at 40...and it's already snowed at GSP as well as further south). Amazing considering 850mb temps will be -6c. But it's not like anything precip  worthwhile  of note is going to fall here anyway. It's sad when the coast of Sc is likely going to get a lot more snow than myself. :axe:

And I don't know what rdu is thinking given the precip amounts predicted by the models, very low freezing levels and cold air near the surface..which will only drop to near freezing once snow reaches the ground, already snow in the area,  etc. I have a feeling they are going to bust...pretty big.

this part made me really scratch my head...(other than the 1 to 2 inch accumulations)

IT APPEARS THAT THEBOUNDARY LAYER WILL REMAIN TOO WARM THROUGH ~00Z THIS EVENING FOR ACHANGEOVER TO OCCUR IN MOST LOCATIONS

With precip already there, there will be very little surface warming and the freezing levels will be very low. Maybe they will be right, they are very good, but right now I don't understand their reasoning. I know ground temps are warm but it doesn't matter if it comes down hard...as has been  proven over and over.

I know few people don't give a  damn about how frustrating this is for me since so many are going to get a good bit of snow but I have no where else to vent and it's so depressing.

This is going to be so painful to watch I don't think I can even come on here after this...reading all the reports of snow from other members. Not to mention even looking at radar.

Just makes me sick. It's times like this I wish I didn't care about weather, snow, etc like a normal person. When I talk to everyone else, they don't care or wish it didn't happen at all. I wish I could be like that so it doesn't frustrate me, make me mad, and depresses the hell out of me. Sigh again (which I've been doing all morning lol)

Hope all you folks enjoy the snow but here and me....it's maddening, really depressing, etc :(

Someone ban this whiner or at least restrict him to the banter thread.   :devilsmiley:

Just watching radar trends @ this point. If the SLP set's up and intensifies quickly the eastern 3rd of NC will get thumped. Can def. see a slight tick of a more neutral/northern progression of the precip. Going to be a very interesting next several hours. No pro here..just observing and realizing the potential for folks in the east...

I see that as well...nice catch!  That moderate band just appeared "out of thin air".  Hopefully we in eastern NC will get in on the action here soon.  I am really impressed with that shortwave...here's to hoping we get a nice raipd fire occlusion over the Pamlico/Albemarle sounds this evening :pimp:

Starting to see some sig development in precip just NW of the ILM site, talking past 20-30 minutes

Archived