12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 17/18 Storm Threat - Discussion

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The location for the best stuff early tomorrow is too far west for the really good coastal stuff on early Sunday...That is a classic eastern 1/3rd of New England look on the GFS for the 2nd round. Lighter snows would get back to western SNE too, but the real good stuff is mostly east...you can see it easily on the mid0level features and omega. Hopefully it ticks west a little more.

This could be a Kevin nightmare-misses the 1st round which is west of him and then misses most of the 2nd round which is too far east of him...

Total for BDR is .35" on the GFS, nice 3-5" advisory event strung out over 36 hours.

-skisheep

I think 3-5 with .35 is pushing it to say the least, especially since there will be some bl issues at the onset, add the fact that its spread out over a long duration and yes increasing sun angle and I think 2-4 would be prudent.  It will be tough to accumulate at those rates and ratios.....

This could be a Kevin nightmare-misses the 1st round which is west of him and then misses most of the 2nd round which is too far east of him...

Like I was thinking earlier, we pull an advisory event out of the first wave(although it's been trending stronger on every run, who knows where it ends up), CT/RI east gets warning snow from the coastal, and central/eastern CT and MA is left out on either side.

Think there's a decent chance we could be pleasantly suprised tonight, each run of the models is trending stronger with that lead energy.

-skisheep

Its impossible for a system to only graze Mt. Tolland or not give that area close to the jackpot...just remember that.

As I always say I don't care if I jack. Rarely do I jack. My area to your area generally is in a good spot for any coastal . Far enough in any direction to do ok. Except when its pike north marginal event.

I think 3-5 with .35 is pushing it to say the least, especially since there will be some bl issues at the onset, add the fact that its spread out over a long duration and yes increasing sun angle and I think 2-4 would be prudent.  It will be tough to accumulate at those rates and ratios.....

the good news is that the bulk is at night time for both right?

7-8:1 wont cut it

Verbatim is .35" at BDR so 3" after BL issues, so verbatim it is 2-4". However,  I'm not sure that it's done getting stronger, look at 18z GFS to 0zGFS to 6z GFS to 12z GFS, as well as the NAM and EURO, and the wave is getting stronger with each run. Would not be suprised to see that .35" actually be closer to .40-,45" at showtime.That is, assuming the EURO backs up this intiial wave idea, it did at 0z with about .25", should be intresting to see if it gets wetter.

-skisheep

Brian and LL: Assuming the EURO holds serve, think upton will throw up an advisory? Not sure if they will or not, 3" over 36 hours isn't advisory criteria, but it's close enough to the point where they might want to go with one, someone will probably get 4" out ot this, and they often go advisory for 2-4".

-skisheep

Brian and LL: Assuming the EURO holds serve, think upton will throw up an advisory? Not sure if they will or not, 3" over 36 hours isn't advisory criteria, but it's close enough to the point where they might want to go with one, someone will probably get 4" out ot this, and they often go advisory for 2-4".

-skisheep

IMO-I'd say no advisory, but anything's possible

So back home could get 1-3 tonight and 3-6 Sunday morning while I get little to nothing up here.

SNE winter continues?

LOL...you need a Nina winter of SWFE up there in Plymouth.

They've gotten the big blizzard but aside from that it hasn't been all that much of a SNE winter. Just ask Eastern MA how it was going before the blizzard.

Plus, it was hammered home that this pattern had eastern New England written all over it. It's pretty sweet to see the eastern sections have a change of luck.

Archived