12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 17/18 Storm Threat - Discussion

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even though the path / trajectory of the system is not the same, ENE's location in this relative to the low and mid-level circulations is somewhat analogous to where NYC and W LI were last week...on the far western side

Like the Blizz though best was west of models I was jackpotted for days, you will do great.

even though the path / trajectory of the system is not the same, ENE's location in this relative to the low and mid-level circulations is somewhat analogous to where NYC and W LI were last week...on the far western side 

I had that thought last night. Worked out well for them. Of course, I don't see this thing stalling out like last week.

12z GGEM wobbles back east ... sparing the entire region except the outer Cape...  You ever get the feeling something is trying to toy with people - seems the entire last 48 hour has been pulling strings and nerves; such is life for a system so on the fence.   00z GGEM was a solut 4-6 hour wind and snow event, now this... Just about every run of every guidance type can be argued, evenly, for pros and cons as to why it will or won't take place.  

Through it all is that nagging paranoia of futility, and an underpinning hideous denial that nothing may happen at all.   That's why I think it's best to check out and just look at these charts as an after thought - get involved with other hobbies, and ignore it all.  Then, if it comes to pass, it may actually be that much more enjoyable.   

f54.gif

Through it all is that nagging paranoia of futility, and an underpinning hideous denial that nothing may happen at all.   That's why I think it's best to check out and just look at these charts as an after thought - get involved with other hobbies, and ignore it all.  Then, if it comes to pass, it may actually be that much more enjoyable.   

Dude you do understand we do this as a hobby for fun win or lose? I mean I played competitive sports my whole life for the fun knowing full well i would lose as much as I won. why would I ignore this?, this is as much fun as we have had in two years, if it misses oh well.

Dude you do understand we do this as a hobby for fun win or lose? I mean I played competitive sports my whole life for the fun knowing full well i would lose as much as I won. why would I ignore this?, this is as much fun as we have had in two years, if it misses oh well.

Not quite - a hobby is an area of interest that doesn't pre-occupy one's time entirely - which given the presence of a lot of individuals on this forum, this is clearly an obsession, and one that also is emotionally rooted.  

"Hobby" is bargaining term that serves to deny the truth of this tedious time consuming attention to every run of every model, and then allowing one's emotions to be tuned up/guided by every permutation however meaningless or not.  

That said, I'm actually speaking mostly about my self there - hahaha.  

I tell you what, it's 48F out there, and the sun is now much more a warming influence as it's creeping back N.  Heck, the air even smells like ...warm out there.  When that starts happening past ~ the 10th of February ever year, the thought of winter storms gets less interesting, as for me, my attention starts turning to summer stuff.

By the way folks, there was an impressive Meteor/asteroid event in Russia that injured 1,000 people - I started a thread for it because it is an important event for science in general (social and physical), but some super-fastidious Moderator decided that it is less relevant - which is over policing and stupid.  Be that as it may, folks should be made aware.   I can understand if it were run-of-the-mill, but this is more substantial than that and should transcend controls for at least a little while - gee wiz 

lol

:weenie:

Think the EURO is going to continue to try to make the first wave more of an event, it did it last night and the GFS ignored it, now the GFS caught on to the idea, and I think the EURO will make it more potent, however, also pushes the coastal slightly east at the same time. (disclaimer: this is soley based on my opinion and the trends, it should not be seen as actual insight whatsover, and keep in mind that this poster loves snow :) )

-skisheep

Not quite - a hobby is an area of interest that doesn't pre-occupy one's time entirely - which given the presence of a lot of individuals on this forum, this is clearly an obsession, and one that also is emotionally rooted.

"Hobby" is bargaining term that serves to deny the truth of this tedious time consuming attention to every run of every model, and then allowing one's emotions to be tuned up/guided by every permutation however meaningless or not.

I tell you what, it's 48F out there, and the sun is now much more a warming influence as it's creeping back N. Heck, the air even smells like ...warm out there.

Then why are you inside typing away on a wx board? If you want 40's in winter , get outside take your shirt off and let the sun warm and tan your nape

I tell you what, it's 48F out there, and the sun is now much more a warming influence as it's creeping back N.  Heck, the air even smells like ...warm out there.  When that starts happening past ~ the 10th of February ever year, the thought of winter storms gets less interesting, as for me, my attention starts turning to summer stuff.

By the way folks, there was an impressive Meteor/asteroid event in Russia that injured 1,000 people - I started a thread for it because it is an important event for science in general (socio and physical), by some super-fastidious Moderator decided that it is less relevant - which is over policing and stupid.  Be that as it may, folks should be made aware.   I can understand if it were run-of-the-mill, but this is more substantial and that and should transcend controls for at least a little while - gee wiz 

Why do you care what people do with their time?

Archived