12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 17/18 Storm Threat - Discussion

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lol. Ironically both MET schools in northern New England do (Lyndon). Technically they do better then my house (~75 vs. ~65) but they nickel and fine even more than ORH up here.

There is a significant difference in snowfall from the lowlands of Lyndon and St. J to just 10 miles to the west or north. I imagine there is 40% more snow on avg (at least) as you head out of the valley.

Considering the location Plymouth NH gets crappy winters snow wise.

Still better than most of the populated places in NH. Very few beat Plymouth for snowpack retention and there is normally a good gradient between CON and 1P1. Like Powderfreak said, a good winter with alot of SWFE's will do wonders.

I know lol. Ironically both MET schools in northern New England do (Lyndon). Technically they do better then my house (~75 vs. ~65) but they nickel and fine even more than ORH up here.

Be patient. I got frustrated with SNE specials when I was up there (mainly 05-06 had a few of em) but, trust me, you would still much rather be up there in the long run. At least 2 full extra months of winter, unbeatable pack retention, far enough north to squeeze decent snow out of cold fronts while SNE gets nada, great in SWFE, etc.

You should have been up there 07-08, absolutely epic sneeze and you would get dumped on. 6"+ was quite routine and plenty of 1'+ dumps. I will try to dig up some of my pics, absolutely amazing. Its a very good location for snow just in a bit of a drought of late. You will have your times up there, probably while the rest of us are 50 and raining.

even though the path / trajectory of the system is not the same, ENE's location in this relative to the low and mid-level circulations is somewhat analogous to where NYC and W LI were last week...on the far western side 

That's why the GFS/GEFS are such a tease. That's perfect. FIngers and weenies both crossed.

That's why the GFS/GEFS are such a tease. That's perfect. FIngers and weenies both crossed.

i'm not ready to put all my huevos in that basket. if it bombs early enough....i think we'll get into some good stuff as the system matures. just not sure to what extent. certainly not going to run with almost 2" of qpf out by PVC just yet. lol. 

Still better than most of the populated places in NH. Very few beat Plymouth for snowpack retention and there is normally a good gradient between CON and 1P1. Like Powderfreak said, a good winter with alot of SWFE's will do wonders.

Be patient. I got frustrated with SNE specials when I was up there (mainly 05-06 had a few of em) but, trust me, you would still much rather be up there in the long run. At least 2 full extra months of winter, unbeatable pack retention, far enough north to squeeze decent snow out of cold fronts while SNE gets nada, great in SWFE, etc.

You should have been up there 07-08, absolutely epic sneeze and you would get dumped on. 6"+ was quite routine and plenty of 1'+ dumps. I will try to dig up some of my pics, absolutely amazing. Its a very good location for snow just in a bit of a drought of late. You will have your times up there, probably while the rest of us are 50 and raining.

Yeah I've seen some pics of campus from that winter. Epic, hope we get another period like that.

Archived