• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard of 2013 Forecast Discussion Part II

forkyfork

Complete phase (process soon to begin around 40N from 72-76W) seems likely around 22z to 00z south of Montauk Pt, expect explosive development of sea effect enhancement bands from Long Island Sound across Queens then west-central LI overnight, with increasing NE winds (G55 mph) and thundersnow. My predicted amounts remain same ballpark as earlier, 12-18" for metro NYC, 14-20" northern NJ across Bronx and White Plains into sw CT, 18-23" for central Long Island. Holding with 25-35 inch forecasts for much of southern New England with 40 inch max possible northwest to west of BOS.

This will only get better as the primary pulls in the Lake Ontario wave. Mixing issues should end fairly quickly once the upper low exits NJ and hits the Gulf stream. Then that becomes an issue for s.e. MA but even in eastern Long Island this should go to all snow after midnight.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Interior New Jersey is likely to see slightly less, anywhere from 3 to 6 inches. New Jersey's I-95 corridor may get the biggest break, with 1 to 3 inches forecast by the latest models." 

I'm ready for my 1-3"!!

Unbelievable. From showing a graphic yesterday morning with 29" for Central Park to 1-3" now?

Guest Patrick

Thanks John... do you have a map or link for comparison?  Good to see the radar filling in to the South/SW just a bit.  This dance between the primary and coastal is so damn explosive.

SREF definitely ticked a hair west with the 06 hr QPF between 6-12 hours compared to the 09z run.

Archived