wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Blizzard of 2013 Forecast Discussion Part II

forkyfork

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That primary low being that far north really killed it for us.

It was a fairly stale airmass too, we'd have needed a pure Miller A more or less to have been snow from the start...again if we had a 5-7 degree colder start I think most areas except the twin forks would have been snow all along, CNJ south would probably have still rained.

It was a fairly stale airmass too, we'd have needed a pure Miller A more or less to have been snow from the start...again if we had a 5-7 degree colder start I think most areas except the twin forks would have been snow all along, CNJ south would probably have still rained.

I mean what do we lose out to non-snow?  .1-.2?  At least here north of 78

3" on the ground here in Pompton Plains. Snowing moderately all day. No rain here at all.

"Interior New Jersey is likely to see slightly less, anywhere from 3 to 6 inches. New Jersey's I-95 corridor may get the biggest break, with 1 to 3 inches forecast by the latest models." 

I'm ready for my 1-3"!!

Archived