gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Band is already slowing down. It has a chance to stall near NYC somewhere.

We can only hope....  looking at radar loop its been coming towards us hard and that deform band over C LI hasn't really moved so they are gonna run into each other soon.   What a storm :) 

Still pounding snow here in Dobbs Ferry; roads that were plowed an hour ago are completely white.

+SN

25.3/24

NW@21G32

Total Snowfall: 13.75"

This next band looks really intense. I'm hoping to make 18" tonight as I'm just a hair shy of 14" right now. We could do it if the band slows down or stalls over Westchester and snows continue into the early morning. I will clear the snow board one final time at 3am for a measurement and then hit the sack as the serious stuff should be winding down at that point. Very very impressive system so far, town looks amazing. 

Words can not begin to explain what this evening has been like. I have been plowing for a while not and never have I had to deal with snow fall rates and wind like I seen tonight. For the first time I had to abandon my accounts. God only know how I will get these places open. Hundreds of jobs and on the line. I ended up abandoning my truck a block from my house.

Called the west haven police to get the access road plowed so I could leave the job. They said the three plow trucks they left on the road were stuck. State trucks were having a had time also but the state roads were passable.

What a screwed up night. Not sure if ill have much of a plowing bizz left after this ...

This is a real blizzard lol

First one since 78 IMO lol

Sorry for the typos my iPad auto correct kicked in and I am too tired to fix it

Words can not begin to explain what this evening has been like. I have been plowing for a while not and never have I had to deal with snow fall rates and wind like I seen tonight. For the first time I had to abandon my accounts. God only know how I will get these places open. Hundreds of jobs and on the line. I ended up abandoning my truck a block from my house.

Called the west haven police to get the access road plowed so I could leave the job. They said the three plow trucks they left on the road were stuck. State trucks were having a had time also but the state roads were passable.

What a screwed up night. Not sure if ill have much of a plowing bizz left after this ...

This is a real blizzard lol

First one since 78 IMO lol

That's a 1 in 100 year storm up there - thanks for the detailed account.  How much is on the ground up there?

Archived