• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

the band that developed in W Suffolk county is the band the Nassau people who lost hours to taint needed...of course not. Its like adding insult to injury

Be happy with what we're getting. It's still a huge bonus vs. the sleetfest we had to deal with 6hrs ago. We'll probably end up with double digit snow amounts by the end.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does any met or non met, have any idea what is causing that band to drop southeast like that? It's seems like its some sort of organized wave

It's what's left of the boundary between the two systems, and looks like a remnant convergence zone.

lol, good visual - where on 35?  If you only got 3" in Feb-10, I'm guessing you're up near Rahway, since the gradient was so sharp from N to S and yes, we did get 6" in Metuchen for that storm, which was better than the 0" they got in Manhattan - most amazing gradient I've ever seen - from 0" in NYC to 28" in Philly, over just about 90 miles. 

It's been ripping snow for the past 3 hours and we're up to about 6" total for the storm and looking at the solid radar, I think we'll get another 2-4", which would bring us into the 8-12" range I was calling for. My wife and I also made it out to Hailey's Pub in Metuchen for a couple of drinks - nice time out, especially since I love going out when it's snowing, especially if I can see the snow falling from where I'm sitting and we could from the bar.  We also walked around a bit after getting home, as it was just so damn beautiful outside. 

yes i am up near the rahway border....often in the screw zone...2010 we were too far north for feb 6 and too far south for feb 26 ( tho we did alright ) we made up for it all boxing Day and Jan 27 2011... i just got up and it's snowing pretty good out now can we make 10-11 inches? if the snow continues all night maybe....

I'm guessing it's a gravity wave, but I honestly don't know. 

There is 850mb frontogenesis there, but not a whole lot. 

Just went out coundt stand for more  than 3 minutes. comfortably coming down at inches already so with that wave I expect we will ramp up up to 3 in per hr. The unthinkable 4 hours ago : a foot is now possible for Kew Gardens, Queens between LGA and JFK

Archived