joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed to sleet around 1:45 pm and then to snow, mostly, around 3:15 pm and it's ripping now with 1" of sleet/snow on the ground to go with the 1/2" we had during the morning.  Still hoping for 8" or more,  but a bit worried about reaching that, as the NWS has decreased amounts a bit. 

Yeah I would be telling a lie if I said I did not jump for joy when I saw that. Got alot of sleet here before. I think our area will jackpot in nj

Love the middlesex/somerset crew in it together

Right on, brother. Hopefully I'm not too far west for the best, but whatever...it looks great out right now. Pure snow. Probably close to 0.5"-1.0" an hour rates currently. 

At my brother's place in North Brunswick...snow gradually taking over from driving sleet and accumulating all surfaces...vis starting to drop as well....no instrumentation here so I can only give sky condition/precip type/accumulation obs.  Located on Rt 130 near the RT 1 ....up the road from the Shoprite plaza

So cool to see a halt in the eastern progress of the snow/no-snow line. Hope it continues! 

Snowing nicely in Somerset. Very small flakes now. Still only an inch or two on the ground. 

Yes it is, im leaving work now in Somerset and the light sleet has turned to all snow now.  Nice back fill on radar here too. 

Archived