joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to really think that we end up getting relatively jipped with the event unless we really make up for it later with the banding. The changeover line just has not moved in an hour and a half. Infuriating almost.

we are likely to get the shaft here...too much wasted QPF and the real heavy panel on the NAM is the area that just missed out to the east - 4-6"

Its not street lights.  I don't live in a city.  Someone else I see posted it too close to this area.  He said pinkish though.

I'm sure it has to do with the lack of snow to our west and sunset (though probably still through cloudy skies) piercing through. 

Lil sizzle in colts neck. Hear north shore of long island killin it.

Measured 7.5" of snow in Port Jefferson as of 5:30 PM.         

Back to sleet in Farmingdale..major problems on the south shore with this system

This is just crazy that at this stage warm air is actually ADVANCING again. I guess the meso models were onto something with the warm nose that fought its way back in. Still thinking we make it to 12" but every hour we keep this warm nose it gets more likely we end up getting relatively in a shaft zone.

This is just crazy that at this stage warm air is actually ADVANCING again. I guess the meso models were onto something with the warm nose that fought its way back in. Still thinking we make it to 12" but every hour we keep this warm nose it gets more likely we end up getting relatively in a shaft zone.

UGH.. it just pushed a little further north of the SSP here also.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/

Archived