joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I know how Philly and DC often feel. I'm happy for Boston though, the pics and totals are going to be incredible.

No need to worry my central Jersey friend...radar shows signs of dry slot filling in and the area of precip in EPA that becomes the deform band looking quite healthy. Think we have a shot at reaching warning critera anyway. 

Me neither. I did not foresee this. Glad to see you're doing well in the snow department, though. 

The CC is pushing back west rapidly through Suffolk and into the Nassau border. Hopefully this is the end of the warm tongue. 

seems to have gone all the north to the LI Sound...this is insanely annoying

seems to have gone all the north to the LI Sound...this is insanely annoying

Yeah. Ugh. There is a little "V" of snow in all of Western Suffolk and Eastern Nassau, though...hopefully that makes it our way and we start salvaging something. I'm just trying to stay optimistic, but I have to admit this is quite frustrating. 

Yeah. Ugh. There is a little "V" of snow in all of Western Suffolk and Eastern Nassau, though...hopefully that makes it our way and we start salvaging something. I'm just trying to stay optimistic, but I have to admit this is quite frustrating. 

im very close too throwing in the towel...

hanging on to heavy snow here.  was looking at that bright banding as well.  hope to see it continue to "soften" out as it tries to make westward progression.

The composite radar looks to be softening a bit in western suffolk eastern nassau. That is why I am back to heavy snow. It looks like the red banding is finally subsiding on the composite radar for anyone west of upton like shirley for example.

Archived