joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.5" but that was a little less than an hour ago (about 5:30 PM).  Largest flakes I have ever seen for the longest extended stretch. 

Picked up 3 inches of snow in the last hour...10.5" on the ground as of 6:30 PM.

god..I'm 10 miles away..that's not fair..not even an inch here..wow

Just head up to teh end of teh Sunken Meadow, get out of your car, and make some snow angels.

We are getting some serious pingers here at the moment, although ironically the temp has dropped a degree to 31.  Trees are weighted down...I'd like to stay online, so hopefully we don't loose power.

I know how you feel though...I was in West Babylon during the winter of 1994 and got tired of missing the best snows that winter by 10 miles.

I honestly cannot recall feeling so disappointed in a storm as I do right now.  3/4" in Forest Hills, sleeting... pathetic... gut-wrenching.

and whats worse is we are being eroded by inbound dry slot and a raging blizzard sits in its place over LI. BEYOND DISGUSTED. I got 2 kids who need snowmen in am. I truly think we wont hit 3 inches in queens. Not over reacting just stating radar facts

The lastest composite radar look like it shows the band breaking up a bit in western LI, and consolidating in central/eastern suffolk.

I'm guessing when that band comes down from PA there is going to be a screw zone somewhere, its likely an intense mesoscale band will form somewhere in that area of snow in ERN NJ-Queens and a heavy band will continue in the main axis over LI....Nassau County might be the place to watch to get screwed as we approach midnight.

Upton calling for highest amounts in entire area across C and E LI.

Makes sense. They could have more than double whatever we end up with down here. I still think we go to town fairly soon with the banding that will develop coming out of PA, but I'm really quite disappointed in what we have so far. If we don't luck out with that for the south shore, we might only have half a foot or so. I'm still guardedly optimistic we all break double digits. After all, a foot of snow fell on 1/27/11 in a few hours and we have similar dynamics to that coming in.

I'm guessing when that band comes down from PA there is going to be a screw zone somewhere, its likely an intense mesoscale band will form somewhere in that area of snow in ERN NJ-Queens and a heavy band will continue in the main axis over LI....Nassau County might be the place to watch to get screwed as we approach midnight.

:lol: With our luck that might just be so. And after 12z I was just starting to get pumped for this again... :axe:

Archived