Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 8th-9th Snowstorm/Blizzard Event Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At my brother's place in North Brunswick...snow gradually taking over from driving sleet and accumulating all surfaces...vis starting to drop as well....no instrumentation here so I can only give sky condition/precip type/accumulation obs.  Located on Rt 130 near the RT 1 ....up the road from the Shoprite plaza

bigger flakes now mixing in...reminds me of past events I have spent here...foreshadowing banding

At my brother's place in North Brunswick...snow gradually taking over from driving sleet and accumulating all surfaces...vis starting to drop as well....no instrumentation here so I can only give sky condition/precip type/accumulation obs.  Located on Rt 130 near the RT 1 ....up the road from the Shoprite plaza

Driving home from Southern Somerset county (Montgomery Township) it was a snow/sleet mix then the dividing line between that and mostly sleet/rain was literally route 27/ Kendall Park area, became a sleetfest towards the Cranbury area again and changed to snow right as you entered East Brunswick near the Dunkin Donuts on Cranbury rd...now moderate snow in EB with everything quickly getting covered thanks to a nice layer of sleet below that. 

After raining moderately all day, we finally have sleet.  Don't expect more than 6 inches here in Southwest Monmouth County.  This could possibly match our total for the November (week after Sandy snow), when we received about 8 - 9 inches here in Howell.  Interested to see if the banding/deformation zone extends as far south as I - 195.  Temperature finally has dropped to 33, after being in the low 40s this morning.

I am in Farmigdale in the B103 studio..finally changing over to mostly snow here..still sleet mixing in..ground is covered

Thats closer to 30 miles than 3 from my location :)  Well, 20 anyway.  I guess it was a typo.

Absolutely ripping here now (there, I said it).  2.3" in the past hour.  About 4" in the past 2 hours and 5" total.

Temp 32

Archived