Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM kicks it out to sea, then changes it's mind and backs it into the cape. Very similar to the November Noreaster. Doesn't look like a hook and latter pattern though so the backing would probably be less extreme. Hopefully it never gets that far east in the first place.

The 0z NAM looks like a total joke and I'm surprised there's this much discussion of it. No way I go over to plain rain for hours like the NAM shows, and it's almost totally missing the southern stream energy which is indeed very potent on WV/radar/etc. I agree that it's a later phase like the Euro, but this is also a poor use of this model as it's not a model for figuring out complex synoptic evolution of systems with phasing, closed off mid-levels, etc. The ECM and GFS handle these broader features much better.

I also think this is the type of storm where SE CT does well..I would personally think the jackpot amounts may run from HVN to IJD, but I wouldn't cut out GON. Areas just inland like Old Lyme could do really nicely in this set-up, maybe more than here. 

Old Lyme is on the coast. Nice spot if you like sleet and rain while everyone else gets pounded with snow LOL.

Old Lyme is on the coast. Nice spot if you like sleet and rain while everyone else gets pounded with snow LOL.

In all fairness...I think sometimes people overestimate how much influence the sound has more than 1-2 miles inland. I'm 3-4 miles inland...and we often can do surprisingly well even when the NWS/local stations have us in the coastal screw zone. The northern portions of the shoreline town cans sometimes be like night/day compared to immediate coast.

Archived