Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 8th-9th Potential Blizzard

dryslot

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah very Euro-like. Will be interesting to see what GFS and Euro do at 00z. 

The 0z NAM looks like a total joke and I'm surprised there's this much discussion of it. No way I go over to plain rain for hours like the NAM shows, and it's almost totally missing the southern stream energy which is indeed very potent on WV/radar/etc. I agree that it's a later phase like the Euro, but this is also a poor use of this model as it's not a model for figuring out complex synoptic evolution of systems with phasing, closed off mid-levels, etc. The ECM and GFS handle these broader features much better.

I also think this is the type of storm where SE CT does well..I would personally think the jackpot amounts may run from HVN to IJD, but I wouldn't cut out GON. Areas just inland like Old Lyme could do really nicely in this set-up, maybe more than here. 

Just a crushing crushing run.

Question for the mets... Normally see isallobaric flow out of the north, but with the banana high literally wrapping around the low pressure center does that imply weak convergence?  Or at the very least will east flow be mitigated partially by an ageostrophic component out of the west?  

The 0z NAM looks like a total joke and I'm surprised there's this much discussion of it. No way I go over to plain rain for hours like the NAM shows, and it's almost totally missing the southern stream energy which is indeed very potent on WV/radar/etc. I agree that it's a later phase like the Euro, but this is also a poor use of this model as it's not a model for figuring out complex synoptic evolution of systems with phasing, closed off mid-levels, etc. The ECM and GFS handle these broader features much better.

I also think this is the type of storm where SE CT does well..I would personally think the jackpot amounts may run from HVN to IJD, but I wouldn't cut out GON. Areas just inland like Old Lyme could do really nicely in this set-up, maybe more than here. 

Can you teach my wife to talk dirty to me like that?

Archived