• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Spring 2013

heavy_wx

Been snowing hard here (15 minutes south of Ithaca...1600 ft. elevation) for the past 30 minutes.  Only 33 or 34 degrees but it's most definitely sticking!  Wonder if this will keep up?   Correction...as I type this the clattering sound of freezing rain is pelting on the deck!

Here at Cornell in Ithaca at around ~800ft we have 70/30 sleet/snow with a slight coating of sleet on the ground.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32.1 degrees in Springville. I think Mount Morris would be about all snow at this moment lake effect kid. Just got out of the gym and had a layer of slush on my car which is about 3 miles away from the Lake, really surprised by that.

Warsaw to Mount Morris looks to be getting bombed right now and looks like its been that way for a while.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?region=bgm&animate=true

Looks like I should have stayed in Corning or Elmira earlier when I was there.They seem to be getting hit pretty good as well. Any posters far from Corning or Elmira? Oh well, I think Ill head to Warsaw tomorrow after work.

Congrats to folks in the Mohawk and Upper Hudson-- good to get a bit more in this soft winter.

All snow here in North Buffalo, sticking a bit. I expect it will switch back to a rain mix with diurnal heating later today. Totally feels like a spring snowfall here.

Looks like pretty heavy upslope enhanced precip in western ALB county.  Anybody know if there is any snow mixed in there or all rain now.  I see most mesonet obs are mid 30s or higher even in elevated terrain around the NE, but I suppose dynamics could locally cool the column.  Any reports? 

Logan11 is at 1000' in Knox, so he'll certainly let you know.  Best stuff was probably a bit to his south in South Berne and beyond, but he usually does real well in these setups.

Looks like pretty heavy upslope enhanced precip in western ALB county.  Anybody know if there is any snow mixed in there or all rain now.  I see most mesonet obs are mid 30s or higher even in elevated terrain around the NE, but I suppose dynamics could locally cool the column.  Any reports? 

Can't speak for Albany County, but here in Western Schenectady County at around 1400 feet I've gotten a bit over 6 inches and it goes over to snow any time the intensity picks up (like now).

Archived