Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
1/23-24 clipper

Ian

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance it trends wetter? What's top end on something like this qpf wise?

probably about .1" maybe like .15". i kinda like jan 2010 as an analog since it's the only one i can think of right now.

I don't see it trending wetter but do think someone will may see an inch.  If someone wanted to be JB2 they might forecast 2" if they didn't mind looking foolish if the NAm somehow verified. 

don't call me foolish. :(

.1" liquid will get you more than 1" snow most likely tho no?

WRF-NMM and ARW from last night were basically shutouts for the clipper. For post-analysis only.

It will be interesting to see how right they are.  My feeling is that with that strong of vort someone will get sow east of the mountains though it probably won't be as widespread as on the NAM but that there probably will be a narrow band where people see over an inch, maybe even two if they are lucky.  Not sure where the band will set up. 

It will be interesting to see how right they are.  My feeling is that with that strong of vort someone will get sow east of the mountains though it probably won't be as widespread as on the NAM but that there probably will be a narrow band where people see over an inch, maybe even two if they are lucky.  Not sure where the band will set up. 

oh now you're mentioning 2". weenie.

Archived