• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
1/23-24 clipper

Ian

nice .. someone will do 'well' i think unless something shifts markedly. it's a good vort.

Wait, DCA is actually .06 on 18z GFS, had more earlier, must've been an error. Other 18z GFS outputs/ 12z Euro Outputs respectively 

IAD: .06 / .05

JYO: .06 / .04

BWI: .09 / .03

MTN: .09 / .02

RIC: 0 / .09  

Euro overall was further south, GFS further north. Would give NAM, but I'll wait for 0z. 

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is, and it will probably produce a better surface reflection as models realize ow nice the vort is. First call BWI .8" Someone around DCA not the airport (i.e. hotplate), 1.5"

no clue on pinning down max areas. hopefully it can end up somewhat like jan 2010 with a good chunk of area picking up around 1" with some places higher.. if anyone does manage .1" liquid some places could push near 2".

Wait, DCA is actually .06 on 18z GFS, had more earlier, must've been an error. Other 18z GFS outputs/ 12z Euro Outputs respectively 

IAD: .06 / .05

JYO: .06 / .04

BWI: .09 / .03

MTN: .09 / .02

RIC: 0 / .09  

Euro overall was further south, GFS further north. Would give NAM, but I'll wait for 0z. 

RIC ftw

no clue on pinning down max areas. hopefully it can end up somewhat like jan 2010 with a good chunk of area picking up around 1" with some places higher.. if anyone does manage .1" liquid some places could push near 2".

Yeah, I'm trying to analyze the vort a bit better, in this instance we want it to go almost over us right? The low reflection isn't modeled right at the base of the vort it seems however. You think we could get to .1? I am unsure, but with a vort like that you'd certainly expect it if you didn't have access to a precip map. Doesn't hurt that thicknesses are sub 510, really good ratios...

No precip with that vort passage?  :facepalm:

still looks pretty good.. maybe a hair weaker but margin of error. and that's about where the precip that may fall lies in the model world too. edit: actually not weaker at all.

Archived