joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly confident main lake band is going to miss the west end (as if there was any doubt), per what radar is displaying. Downtown is still in play. Beaches/Scarborough in better shape still, but at the end of the day the band is not going to hang up. By later today it'll be situated from Oshawa easterly to near Trenton. So even if the SE side of the city gets into the good stuff for a while, transient nature is going to preclude amounts from really piling up.

0z WRF was indicating a secondary band may try to form this evening close to Toronto but 6z run didn't have it. Overall I'm thinking the 4"+ I was predicting is going to be confined to southern Durham and Northumberland. Toronto: 1/2" from the synoptic. Locally 2" (maybe a touch more) east of Yonge Street where the band comes ashore.

Fairly confident main lake band is going to miss the west end (as if there was any doubt), per what radar is displaying. Downtown is still in play. Beaches/Scarborough in better shape still, but at the end of the day the band is not going to hang up. By later today it'll be situated from Oshawa easterly to near Trenton. So even if the SE side of the city gets into the good stuff for a while, transient nature is going to preclude amounts from really piling up.

0z WRF was indicating a secondary band may try to form this evening close to Toronto but 6z run didn't have it. Overall I'm thinking the 4"+ I was predicting is going to be confined to southern Durham and Northumberland. Toronto: 1/2" from the synoptic. Locally 2" (maybe a touch more) east of Yonge Street where the band comes ashore.

Sounds like I'm going to miss out given I'm at McCowan and Steeles.

First reports are out. blah

0900 AM     SNOW             ANN ARBOR               42.28N 83.73W01/25/2013  M1.1 INCH        WASHTENAW          MI   CO-OP OBSERVER            3 HOUR TOTAL AT THE U OF M CAMPUS0900 AM     SNOW             DEXTER                  42.33N 83.88W01/25/2013  M1.5 INCH        WASHTENAW          MI   TRAINED SPOTTER            3 HOUR TOTAL0924 AM     SNOW             CHELSEA                 42.31N 84.02W01/25/2013  M1.0 INCH        WASHTENAW          MI   CO-OP OBSERVER

First reports are out. blah

0900 AM     SNOW             ANN ARBOR               42.28N 83.73W01/25/2013  M1.1 INCH        WASHTENAW          MI   CO-OP OBSERVER            3 HOUR TOTAL AT THE U OF M CAMPUS0900 AM     SNOW             DEXTER                  42.33N 83.88W01/25/2013  M1.5 INCH        WASHTENAW          MI   TRAINED SPOTTER            3 HOUR TOTAL0924 AM     SNOW             CHELSEA                 42.31N 84.02W01/25/2013  M1.0 INCH        WASHTENAW          MI   CO-OP OBSERVER

Whats so blah about that? Those are totals through 9am. I have seen a T-0.1" so far. They had a decent band.

I'm seeing some enhanced returns showing up near the Mississauga/Oakville border on King City radar. This might be the secondary band the models were trying to spit out. This band intensifying and shifting north is our best shot here in Toronto, at least the west end.

The heavier precip couldn't be any closer to me and it's just sitting there, ahhhh.

I'm seeing some enhanced returns showing up near the Mississauga/Oakville border on King City radar. This might be the secondary band the models were trying to spit out. This band intensifying and shifting north is our best shot here in Toronto, at least the west end.

Light snow now falling in northeast Scarborough.

Well the ORD streak is finally over! Was beginning to wonder there for awhile last night about over an inch accumulations.

Picked up 1.5" here. Looks great outside.

RC; if you're wondering the water equiv. is 0.07". So about 21:1 ratio.

Archived