joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3++" here with tons of the fluffy stuff. Was getting a little worried of the start with all the vigra on the radar. Going to have a quick nap, slap on the blade and clean it all up. Nice little snow and hopefully the full moon bring more wintery weather to all of us.

Definitely a gradient over Mississauga/Etobicoke. Where I am there's at least 2'' and it's still snowing as of typing.

Lucky :(

I got like what, 0.3" -_- 

This Winter sucks. Finally a sizable storm next week and its rain too. However the 0z Nam looked interesting.

How much did Oshawa and surrounding areas receive?

Well, about a FOOT of new snow today here from Lake enhancement and still going strong! We went from being in strong SW flow enhancement to now being in bands of NW flow Lake effect. All this in less than 12 hours....NOW I know why I moved to Muskegon. Can't rely on stupid synoptic storms around here, so it's great that the lake serves sometimes.

We have had about two and a half feet of snow this week. With compaction, we have about a foot and a half of pure powder.

Jonger (I think it was you coming to West Michigan), you may want to consider the Muskegon area this weekend. :)

Well, about a FOOT of new snow today here from Lake enhancement and still going strong! We went from being in strong SW flow enhancement to now being in bands of NW flow Lake effect. All this in less than 12 hours....NOW I know why I moved to Muskegon. Can't rely on stupid synoptic storms around here, so it's great that the lake serves sometimes.

We have had about two and a half feet of snow this week. With compaction, we have about a foot and a half of pure powder.

Jonger (I think it was you coming to West Michigan), you may want to consider the Muskegon area this weekend. :)

Living in a snowbelt. winter can turn on a dime. That's why you can't get too upset. You probably went from 10" to almost 40" in almost a week! Enjoy the snow :)

Sweet! Glad you finally got a good dose of LES. :D

Per radar i think it might be safer to go with 3-5 for here.

Living in a snowbelt. winter can turn on a dime. That's why you can't get too upset. You probably went from 10" to almost 40" in almost a week! Enjoy the snow :)

Thanks! The hard part is patience and waiting for a crap pattern to end! :) I don't think we will lose all of this during the upcoming week...atleast I hope not. If we get the ice Sunday night and Friday, that will protect it more.

Thanks again! It looks like you guys got some decent ground covering snow too.

Thanks! The hard part is patience and waiting for a crap pattern to end! :) I don't think we will lose all of this during the upcoming week...atleast I hope not. If we get the ice Sunday night and Friday, that will protect it more.

Thanks again! It looks like you guys got some decent ground covering snow too.

Nice to hear you're cashing in blackrock. Amazing how mother nature can do a 180 like that in no time.

Lucky :(

I got like what, 0.3" -_- 

This Winter sucks. Finally a sizable storm next week and its rain too. However the 0z Nam looked interesting.

How much did Oshawa and surrounding areas receive?

Yeah. Scarborough did okay, particularly east of Markham Road.

Drove thru Grand Rapids a few hours ago on my way home from N Indiana and it was a total nightmare for a 50 mile stretch. Traffic at a crawl. Glad to be home.

Sounds like east end Toronto this afternoon. 65 mile traffic jam.

Nice fluffy 3 inches or so of snow here today. I was downtown at the auto show all morning and afternoon so it was nice to come home to some fresh powder. Very, very fluffy snow. Still lightly snowing out there but I think accumulations are over with, all in all a good little system to make things vaguely resemble something kind of like winter. :snowman:

When I woke up this moning I was fearing a dusting lol. Overperformers ftw! It was supposed to stop snowing at 1pm but it literally snowed all day and evening. I had 1.8" at 4pm and cleared a spot for my bro to go measure later (yes im that anal lol). Left for frankenmuth to see snow sculptors from around the world and the 1.5 hour drive took 3 hours. Talked to my bro and we had a fluffy 1.6" new since 4pm. So total on the day was 3.4" with 0.15" liquid. Snow depth 4". This was actually my 2nd biggest snow of the winter so far behind only the 6.3" storm December 26/27. Though there seems to be slightly less snow up here than at home its still a gorgeous winter wonderland.

Archived