• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

I did very well considering what I was expecting here. Had a fall today of 1.9" of fluffy snow (water 0.10")...lol this was more lake-effect-like than our actual lake effect this week :lol:. The snow is already settling some as its very dry....and I also seem to be one of the higher totals, at least for the southern CWA. It was those big flakes that took over the pixie dust that really helped the cause. Im sure Ann Arbor was the winner though, as radar would suggest. im now off to Frankenmuth for the international SnowFest, should be awesome.

3377-800.jpg

3378-800.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western Michigan,

If it snows it snows....YA KNO>?

<3

http://148.61.63.218/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=247

I think I like this live feed the best out of all the other ones you've posted!

Blackrock is going to buried by the end of the day! lol

New advisory issued:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND RAPIDS MI410 PM EST FRI JAN 25 2013MIZ037-043-050-260400-/O.CON.KGRR.WW.Y.0003.000000T0000Z-130126T0400Z/MASON-OCEANA-MUSKEGON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LUDINGTON...HART...MUSKEGON410 PM EST FRI JAN 25 2013...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM EST THISEVENING...HAZARDOUS WEATHER... * HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS...TAPERING   OFF SOME OVERNIGHT. * AN ADDITIONAL 2 TO 4 INCHES WILL FALL THIS EVENING BRINGING   STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS INTO THE 4 TO 8 INCH RANGE.IMPACTS... * FREQUENTLY POOR VISIBILITIES IN HEAVY SNOW. * SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY ROADS.

I did very well considering what I was expecting here. Had a fall today of 1.9" of fluffy snow (water 0.10")...lol this was more lake-effect-like than our actual lake effect this week :lol:. The snow is already settling some as its very dry....and I also seem to be one of the higher totals, at least for the southern CWA. It was those big flakes that took over the pixie dust that really helped the cause. Im sure Ann Arbor was the winner though, as radar would suggest. im now off to Frankenmuth for the international SnowFest, should be awesome.

3377-800.jpg

3378-800.jpg

By looking at the radar we are not done! Plenty to go.

Was driving easterly into Etobicoke from work and flakes were getting fatter. Since the synoptic is done I knew something was up with the LES band. But per radar, it's still my south and east. No echoes here at all but stuff must be falling beneath the radar sweep.

You got a mesolow heading towards the northeast side of Toronto. Looks like a decent band!

I am sure this will sound crazy, but just got home from work and measured, we got more than 2" here in northern Del county. Ill post pictures when i get back from our margarita meal. :-)

Doesn't sound crazy, looking at the report below. You were in a good spot. 

0930 AM     SNOW             MUNCIE                  40.20N  85.39W01/25/2013  M2.3 INCH        DELAWARE           IN   TRAINED SPOTTER            MEASURED ON THE BALL STATE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS.

Toronto anti-snow forcefield is working overt time. Been like this all day.

attachicon.gifhttp://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=86436'>toronto anti snow forcefield.jpg

Just drove through the snow band. It's intense!! Took me 2 hours to get from Yonge Street to Port Union. Intense snow rates from Markham Road east. Massive pile up just east of the city at Newcastle apparantly. 401 closed at that point. Traffic backed up all the way from Newcastle back to west end Toronto. I hope my neighbourhood is getting some of the snow.

Just drove through the snow band. It's intense!! Took me 2 hours to get from Yonge Street to Port Union. Intense snow rates from Markham Road east. Massive pile up just east of the city at Newcastle apparantly. 401 closed at that point. Traffic backed up all the way from Newcastle back to west end Toronto. I hope my neighbourhood is getting some of the snow.

Yeah, Steeles and McCowan is getting in on it. Band extends well to the north. Impressive for an event with such light winds. Actually, areas along Highway 7 in Durham have gotten more snow from this squall than I have. :lol:

Nice big flakes falling here.  About 2 inches in the past 2 hours or so and at least another hour to go.  This fluff accumulation might beat the standing 24 hour total of 3.1" back in December.  SW flow lake enhancement spreads the wealth a bit more generously than the typical NW flow.

It's nice with lake effect the fluff factor actually tends to increase with temperature.  Larger flakes pile up a lot faster, though it's mostly air.

Archived