joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow as soon as the pixie dust gave way to real flakes did it start accumulating! We have 1.4" and still snowing. Most places grass tips are all covered now :)

Looks like the last little push to get to 2" for most at least. 

BTW: Is it me do I see or did see some Lake enhancement from Lk St.Clair?

Looks like the last little push to get to 2" for most at least. 

BTW: Is it me do I see or did see some Lake enhancement from Lk St.Clair?

I was the one last night saying not to fret about virga, dry punches, etc....and rather than heed my own advice this morning I thought wed get a dusting...now we may be able to get 2". Thanks to a little help from our light snowcover base from the week, it is now a complete winter wonderland outside.

Lake enhanced snow is DUMPING here. 5 to 6 new inches since 11!

You may end up being the winner in the snowfall department in the subforum if it keeps up! :D

And to think a couple weeks ago you couldn't buy a dusting!

This event over performed a little with respect to the 1:30am update out of LOT. With the drying trends in the models, the system tried to hold it's own and overcome that dry layer.

You may end up being the winner in the snowfall department in the subforum if it keeps up! :D

And to think a couple weeks ago you couldn't buy a dusting!

This event over performed a little with respect to the 1:30am update out of LOT. With the drying trends in the models, with system tried to hold it's own and overcome that dry layer.

For sure. Usually with SW flow events, Muskegon or Ludington "wins" in terms of highest snow totals. We are working on our 7th inch now. Absolutely dumping outside! I wish I could post photos.

For sure. Usually with SW flow events, Muskegon or Ludington "wins" in terms of highest snow totals. We are working on our 7th inch now. Absolutely dumping outside! I wish I could post photos.

You must have a 1.5' on the ground by now!

That looks pretty wintry on this traffic cam along 31.

live.jpg?system=weatherbug&webid=13087&s

Starting to snow here again lightly.

Archived