Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the Euro has been as consistent as the snow romantics think.  Is it time to give up?  Absolutely not.  But confidence is slightly decreasing.

Yeah memories of the southern track the EURO was showing for the solstice storm pop back into my head.

The vast majority of the 00z GFS ensemble run had the system much further North/stronger a couple even had precip type issues as far North as here. I don't think this is far from settled at all, quite interesting to see most of the ensembles disagreeing with the OP.

The vast majority of the 00z GFS ensemble run had the system much further North/stronger a couple even had precip type issues as far North as here. I don't think this is far from settled at all, quite interesting to see most of the ensembles disagreeing with the OP.

Very interested to see what the Euro ENS. Has to say. It'll tell us if  the latest OP run a blip or is if its on to something. 

ALL of them are north of the OP run. Still would hold off on excitement. I remember models doing this not long ago. In that case if i recall correctly it was the euro ensembles which had went north of the OP and in the end the OP ended up correct. Then another time they were too far se.

I'll post the euro ensembles when it is out. It is rolling out now and out to 72hrs.

Very interested to see what the Euro ENS. Has to say. It'll tell us if  the latest OP run a blip or is if its on to something. 

My guess is that the Euro ens should have similar spread like the GFS ensembles, rarely do the Euro ensembles wildly jump run to run. If they do trend South however, that would be a bad sign.

euro ensembles are weaker and further south. Showing a stronger banana type high stretching across the N.Lakes on down towards the Mid Atlantic ahead of the storm. The system waits to take off ( strengthen ) till it is to the WV border. Nice hit for those in Ohio and se IN. Not much for those to the north and west of Indy..

If neither this or the next potential storm (end of January) pans out, it probably will be weenie suicide time, myself included.

I'm officially giving up on this one for anyone north of I-94.  Around the 31st I'm thinking there will be better southern stream energy and a lot more juice to work with.  The 0z Euro and GFS both look interesting.

euro ensembles are weaker and further south. Showing a stronger banana type high stretching across the N.Lakes on down towards the Mid Atlantic ahead of the storm. The system waits to take off ( strengthen ) till it is to the WV border. Nice hit for those in Ohio and se IN. Not much for those to the north and west of Indy..

Das ist gut!!!! ( if it holds) .

nothing like having the 84 hr NAM as the only model on your side.

the long range nam and nogaps are like the fattest, ugliest chicks in a bar.   Just because you notice them doesn't mean you want to sleep with them.

How bad is the nam?    I believe the nam had the 500 low for last weeks richmond snowstorm going to the lakes 84hrs out.   

Archived