joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"people were talking about that because it was so impressive and rare...the current southern solution makes much more sense." - Alek.

This gets you depressed? He's making a call. What's the big deal?

And I don't see how you could reasonably expect a snow lover to "lighten up" when he's sitting on 1.3" for the season as we're heading into late January. Had we not had that December 27th storm, our posts would be even more hopeless sounding.

If it werent for the December storm this winter would be even WORSE than last winter! I can't even believe that I just said that. After last winter I didn't think we'd see a winter that bad for a long time

Should be a riot when this gets into the NAM's range. MSP to APN hit initially? It's already farther north with Wednesday's little impulse versus the other guidance. Wouldn't go to sleep on that one BTW...just IMHO.

:lmao: I know, right!? Its only a matter of time before extrapolating past 84 hours begins and the clown maps start to appear.

OT: maybe I'm late to the party, but the meteocentre model page has a nice model comparison deal on their website (GFS, EC, GGEM, UK for long range and GGEM, RGEM, UK, GFS, NAM for short range). You can see how last night's 0z GFS was a lone wolf at 120 hours.

Link here: http://meteocentre.com/models/models.php?mod=compar&map=na&run=00〈=en

Archived