Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 24-25th Potential Winter Weather Event

dmc76

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very early first call for here: dusting to an inch.  Although the snows associated with what looks to be the northern wave are shown to be a little more fruitful than what I'm calling for (more like 1-3", with slightly heavier amounts north; see the 0z GFS), I know better than to buy the GFS, and the other models look to be trending south with the southern low, so I don't think Chicago will do well with this either.

So it sounds like GFS and UKIE are having run to run continuity issues...GEM and hopefully EURO better run to run agreement. Pending tonights EURO of course.

Eh, the GEM hasn't been much better.  A couple of days ago, it cut through GRR; this morning it was relatively suppressed with an OV track.  Granted, not as bad as the GFS.

FWIW, I'd tend to lean towards the Euro in this time range.  Always seems to be the first to sniff things out IMO.  Probably gonna see a wide range of fluctuations between the other models for the next few days. 

+1

I think areas near the lake in IL, WI could still get a piece of the action with winds turning easterly then northeast for a time.

Have a feeling the PNA will be neutral or slightly negative. That index always seems to slip below 0, whenever it gets the chance.

I've been favoring the foreign models in general 3+ days out this winter.

Archived