Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 25-26 Storm Potential

powderfreak

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my call for excessive static cling was probably right on target. 

So what's the consensus on snow for Boston, ORH, Hartford, Providence and the Cape?

I think Boston will see anywhere from nothing to 2" (although being generous imo). For the Cape I'm thinking 1-2". ORH could very well see nothing to flurries. Hartford flurries. Providence could see a coating to 1". This is what I think so take it fwiw.

Yeah I have a humifier. Need one with forced hot air. This sucks.

CVS is selling a neat little portable ultrasonic.  Uses regular water bottles with a universal tap on the top.  Noticed a huge difference when traveling.

I think our problem still exists into early February.  We don't have the ridging we need on the west coast for this particular flow.  Every single system so far, and in the modeled future tries to dig down but is also being shoved east as it does so.   I just don't see it changing into the first days of February which means we've got another 7-10, maybe 12 days of this at the least (figuring on something trying around the 3rd or 4th).  Still hoping something can pop post frontal though.

gfs_namer_186_500_vort_ht.gif

Funny looking back at the beginning of this threat where it was a progged SWFE.  Now it's flurries at best,

Warm and wet, cold and suppressed (or whatever term you want to use), rinse and repeat.

This run of the OP GFS totally flipped on the pattern in early Feb, but it's just the OP.  To be honest though I'm all set with the cold air after next week.  I'd rather have taint and changeovers than dry brutal weather.   Bring back the more mild air, it gave us more snow.

Do you run humidifiers with the little one?   Can't keep above 26% RH indoors even with two cranking it's so dry.

RGEM is out, whiffs everyone north of Boston and the MA/CT/RI border...

I needed that!  jesus.  I haven't been ill in years, and my body picks this week, when the DP is like -15F, to cave into a pounding head cold.  Abject misery.  I think the worst part about it is waking up in the middle of the night as a mouth-breather because your sinus are slammed shut.  May as well suck on a sock - it wakes you up, over and and over and over again, interrupting your sleep ... that of course in turn lowers your immune system, and the cold wins.  

Warm and wet, cold and suppressed (or whatever term you want to use), rinse and repeat.

This run of the OP GFS totally flipped on the pattern in early Feb, but it's just the OP.  To be honest though I'm all set with the cold air after next week.  I'd rather have taint and changeovers than dry brutal weather.   Bring back the more mild air, it gave us more snow.

I've never experienced a winter where all threats seemingly dissolved as we got closer - at least in the NYC area.  I know the 12/29 storm crushed y'all but it's been one heartbreaker after another down here.

What the hell did he see?

- A ding on his credibility if he dare been observed as waffling, loss of viewership --> in theory possible career extinguish ...    Pretty simple really.  Those in the lime light and wealth, will do anything in their power, lest they be complicit, to protect themselves from having to live like the rest of us provincials.  

Truth hurts, doesn't it? 

- A ding on his credibility if he dare been observed as waffling, loss of viewership --> in theory possible career extinguish ...    Pretty simple really.  Those in the lime light and wealth, will do anything in their power, lest they be complicit, to protect themselves from having to live like the rest of us provincials.  

Truth hurts, doesn't it? 

what?  do not understand.

I've never experienced a winter where all threats seemingly dissolved as we got closer - at least in the NYC area.  I know the 12/29 storm crushed y'all but it's been one heartbreaker after another down here.

1/15/08 was a particularly bad burning down here as it was at one point looking like another 12/30/00 bomb. I was actually contemplating staying home for a few days after my winter break ended to get in on it, and ultimately there was maybe an inch or two. Luckily I decided against sticking around.

But yeah, the winter besides Nov. 7th when even I didn't want the snow as we were just starting to pick up from Sandy has been all sorts of suck.

Archived