• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Your Top 10 Things you hate the most about weather

dmc76

I was thinking this morning there is nothing worse then Early/mid Jan with a 36 degree Rain event that melts off your Snow depth. So I decided to do a top 10 things I hate most about weather. Post yours

1. Janurary Rain with Snow depth. Depressing

2. Heat Waves/Humidity anything over 88 degrees I don't like at all.

3. Droughts/Dry Summers. Those Suck. 

4. Winter Zonal flow and fog/drizzle. Basically this past Dec before the 23rd

5. Freezing Rain. It's pointless. Does nothing

6. Above Average temps any season. Nothing like Cool nights in the summer. 

7. Warm Holidays (Xmas/NYE). Ugg Hate dead grass Xmas. 

8. That Dying line of showers.. nothing worse then seeing that cluster die just miles away from you.

9. Dry slots/anytime. 

10. Wind. It's annoying most of the time. Especially working and golfing.  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a few

Brutally cold and windy days…so useless. 

Brutally hot and humid days with nuclear cap….so useless. 

Consistently underwhelming rain to snow events that leave you with 1/2 inch of slop. 

Being just north of a training MCS. 

Endless days of upper 40s and mostly cloudy skies...i'd move to portland if i enjoyed that nonsense.

Spring warm fronts that stall south of I80.

Under-modeled mid-level warm layers.

An east wind off the lake where instead of snow it's rain and there's a foot a snow 30 miles to the west.

Stable boundary layer from a lake breeze causing thunderstorms to fall apart before they reach the shoreline.

90+ degree temps and high humidity.

50+ degree days in January.

Zonal flow.

1. Pea sized hail. As I work in the insurance industry, everyone is convinced that this heavily damaged the roof/siding of their home...

2. Futility records. Any of them.

3. Severe tstorm cap busts.

4. Warm and windy. Let me golf in peace.

5. The northwest trend.

6. Getting hit by the weakest part of the squall line, aka stuck between a strong north and south cell.

7. Heat. At any time. If it could be 70 degrees and snow I would be the happiest person around.

Thats about it.

Not in any particular order, but here is my top ten.

1. Rain along the lake in early winter while inland areas get snow.

2. Dry slots during winter storms.

3. Mid to upper 30s and rain with no hope of any snow in the end.

4. Freezing rain. Does nothing, but cause grief.

5. 80s in March!

6. Dewpoints above the lower 60s.

7. Temperatures over 85° when dry, temperatures over 80° with high dewpoints. Don't like being in stagnant AC air.

8. Dry stretches lasting more then 10 days. I like the outdoors staying green (or white in the winter)

9. Drought in general - no matter what season.

10. Missing out on MCS by less than 25 miles.

I was thinking this morning there is nothing worse then Early/mid Jan with a 36 degree Rain event that melts off your Snow depth. So I decided to do a top 10 things I hate most about weather. Post yours

5. Freezing Rain. It's pointless. Does nothing

East:

Easterly wind off the lake (also in Toledo) when it's 60 or 70 not too far away. East wind was actually nice when it keeps Toledo in the upper 70's (as opposed to 80's)

Freezing rain. Light freezing rain could make driving down the street into a nightmare. Thank goodness that doesn't affect me in Colorado.

West:

Forest fires that burn 87000 acres, make the sunshine look orange, and make the air smell like a campfire.

Hail. I'm actually a lot more scared of hail now in Colorado. Getting your car fixed for hail is really expensive.

Drought is really starting to hit everyone. I fear we are now in a multi-year drought.

Either East or West:

Fog for a really long time, that is, all day long, or more than a day. I used to see this in Toledo sometimes, but it also has affected me in Colorado. Fog is kind of fun for a little bit, but then, after hours of fog, you say to yourself, "I really need to SEE something here in order to drive down the street."

1.  Non stop heat/sun/humidity in summer

2.  Extreme January cold (subzero daytime high temps)

3.  Wind any time of the year

4.  Clouds for more then 2 days in a row.

5.  Dewpoints above 70F (worthless)

6.  Old snow pack (disgusting/rock hard)

7.  Girls who don't wear thongs while rollerblading on warm spring days.

8.  Dudes who wear banana hammocks on steamy July afternoons

9.  Ice storms (worthless)

10.  Spring/summers that lack severe storms

Don't know if I have 10 but here's a few...

-Shallow moisture that's easily mixed out during an otherwise great springtime severe setup. 

-Split flow anytime of the year. 

-Dry slots during winter storms of course.

-Rogue cirrus/altocumulus patches/MCS debris shading an otherwise scorching summer day.  Love triple digit heat!

-Sep through Nov.  Most boring time of the year for weather.  Great to be outside, but as for active weather it's usually quieter than a morgue.

1) News people forever talking about how "it was GREAT the snowstorm missed us."

2) Being one of the few snow lovers in an area (having to hear everybody love the "spring like" weather in a warm January.)

3) Waking up to a snowpack that has been annihilated during the night by strong winds, fog, and rain (I remember when I lived in PA, this happened to our two foot snowpack from the blizzard of '96....it all melted in ONE night..insane.)

4) Humidity

5) Anything over 80 degrees

6) Muggy summer nights that don't fall below 70 degrees

7) Being JUST northwest of a snow system (like this winter)

8) Watching the rain/snow line sit JUST to my north knowing I am getting rain while just a bit up the road is pounded.

9) Wind

10) Wind with freezing rain... Eek .... Remember many of those in PA during the early 90s...

1) News people forever talking about how "it was GREAT the snowstorm missed us."

2) Being one of the few snow lovers in an area (having to hear everybody love the "spring like" weather in a warm January.)

3) Waking up to a snowpack that has been annihilated during the night by strong winds, fog, and rain (I remember when I lived in PA, this happened to our two foot snowpack from the blizzard of '96....it all melted in ONE night..insane.)

4) Humidity

5) Anything over 80 degrees

6) Muggy summer nights that don't fall below 70 degrees

7) Being JUST northwest of a snow system (like this winter)

8) Watching the rain/snow line sit JUST to my north knowing I am getting rain while just a bit up the road is pounded.

9) Wind

10) Wind with freezing rain... Eek .... Remember many of those in PA during the early 90s...

1 and 2 drive me nuts! lol

6 I really agree with as well.

1. Decaying MCSs that ruin severe weather events for later in the day.

2. Dryslots any time of the year except summer.

3. Warm layers that sneak in last minute to turn snow to sleet.

4. Warm fronts that stop at the Michigan border in Spring

5. Temps over 90 with dewpoints >65

6. Temps under 20.

7. People cheering on futility, if you like boring weather move to San Diego.

8. People who talk about snow cover as if it is this amazing thing that makes a horrible winter better. It doesn't.

9. Painfully boring stretches of weather. I don't care if it rains, snows, hails, sleets or is foggy as long as it is doing something.

10. Thermonuclear caps on days where things could be amazing.

For being such a fan of weather, this topic made me realize just how frustrated it can make me sometimes. In no particular order,

1) Bitterly cold temperatures in winter with no snow on the ground

2) Being cold and sunny while areas 50 miles east or west get blitzed by LES (December 2010... *shudder*)

3) Cloudy days during the spring/summer (especially when they ruin severe events)

4) Seeing an MCS/severe cell miss you just to your north or south

5) Being on the southern edge of a snowstorm and getting sleet/rain/dryslotted

6) Cool/rainy/windy days in summer (bring on the heat!)

7) Dry periods anywhere from October to May. I don't mind them as much in the summer.

8) Hearing people talk about how a snowstorm was overhyped/how they're glad it missed us... ugh.

9) Strong caps that ruin potentially amazing thunderstorms

10) Hearing incessant chanting about the "NW shift" for every single winter storm that shows up on the models

Good thread.

Hard to pick an exact order..

1. Sitting on a dirt road knowing a cap bust is coming with great parameters in place

2. Gambling with a dry slot and losing in a big winter storm

3. 92/73 environments in northern IL in July/August that go to waste.

4. March/April warm fronts that stay south and easterly flow off the lake.

5. ****ty snowflake size

6. Grungy looking squall lines that produce no structure at all

7. Idiot storm chasers

8. Supercells that don't produce tornadoes

9. When 0z becomes 6pm again (pretty end of chase season)

10. Shallow moisture.

probably will end up thinking of more.

Archived