Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

tahoe

· Snow. High near 31. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 65 to 75 mph decreasing to 45 to 55 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 105 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 19 to 25 inches possible.

· Tonight Snow showers. Low around 27. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 55 to 60 mph increasing to 65 to 70 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 105 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

· Saturday Snow. High near 32. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 70 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 125 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

· Saturday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 32. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind around 65 mph, with gusts as high as 95 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

· Sunday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind around 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 20 to 26 inches possible.

· Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Very windy. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

This is better.....Mount Shasta

This Afternoon Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a south southwest wind around 85 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 33 to 39 inches possible.

Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 21. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a south southwest wind 85 to 95 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 37 to 43 inches possible.

Friday Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature falling to around 15 by 4pm. Wind chill values as low as -13. Windy, with a south southwest wind 80 to 85 mph decreasing to 70 to 75 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 23 to 29 inches possible.

Friday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 14. Wind chill values as low as -13. Windy, with a south southwest wind 70 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 21 to 27 inches possible.

Saturday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 19. Windy, with a southwest wind 75 to 80 mph, with gusts as high as 115 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.

Saturday Night Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 29 to 35 inches possible.

Sunday Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 18. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 11 to 17 inches possible.

Sunday Night Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 9. Windy.

Monday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Windy.

Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.

Tuesday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Breezy.

Tuesday Night Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Breezy.

Wednesday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Windy.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last name is "Branstator" and I probably have been butchering the last name this whole time lol. There is a lot of old research done by him on planetary waves, GCMs etc.

Here's an abstract (how thoughtful of me to leave the other guy's name out when talking about their wave. Man I'm 0 for 2 now)

http://adsabs.harvar...EGUGA..11.5445S

And LOL at that eastern thread.

lol thanks for the link.

One will be December, unless you pull off .2" in the next few hours by some weenie miracle.

No, that's correct. Parts of NE Mass, and southern NH up to about Dendrite got an 1"+. Western NE didn't fare as well, hence why I said MOST of sne.

The ground is covered up there so it is an accumulating event as he stated. Shocking that CT again is the focal point for the snow.

Somehow 200 inches at 17K where bigfoot lives without a ski lift just does not excite me, if there is a lift now show me a PNC with that

Shasta has a ski resort, just at a much lower elevation. Although I remember mammoth mountain 5-6 years ago getting 10 feet of snow in the village in less than 3 days, the pictures were incredible! I'm assuming that they had 150+ inches higher up on the mountain.

Even though radar may look like it dries up.. This has all the earmarks of snowing under the radar . We've seen this before. Snowy night and day enroute. Already a coating when the forecast called for partly sunny. 1-2 new by tomorrow

It might be like that tomrrow morning, but right now, there is still dry air trying to advect south. That's why the returns from NY State have been shriveling up as they head east.

Shasta has a ski resort, just at a much lower elevation. Although I remember mammoth mountain 5-6 years ago getting 10 feet of snow in the village in less than 3 days, the pictures were incredible! I'm assuming that they had 150+ inches higher up on the mountain.

Yea not any good for the Mt Shasta Ski Resort at Elevation 5,500 Feet; Summit Elevation 6,890 Feet

I think my only hope is for winds here to stay more n-nne and get a little CF enhancement as the front moves west. It's possible that comes through dry, but at the least..there may be general WAA precip aloft as 850 winds blow out of the SW and winds near 950 veer E-SE. That's usually a combo to squeeze something out over a general cold lower boundary layer.

The northeast kingdom does not always do well with upslope compared tom places like Stowe, so the 4.5" or whatever it was, is impressive. They get some, but that was a nice event.

Yeah that was an impressive event for the NEK.... but it wasn't necessarily an "upslope" event. I'm not really surprised at the 6" depth in my front yard but more that those 4-6" amounts were realized in spots that usually don't do well in snow shower type events.

The model QPF though did show a widespread area of around 0.2" QPF...and we had 20:1 ratios which took what looked like a 1-3" event into an advisory level event. The model QPF was more spread into NEK and N.NH than it usually is in orographic situations... but this almost performed like a clipper more than an upslope event.

Yeah that was an impressive event for the NEK.... but it wasn't necessarily an "upslope" event. I'm not really surprised at the 6" depth in my front yard but more that those 4-6" amounts were realized in spots that usually don't do well in snow shower type events.

The model QPF though did show a widespread area of around 0.2" QPF...and we had 20:1 ratios which took what looked like a 1-3" event into an advisory level event. The model QPF was more spread into NEK and N.NH than it usually is in orographic situations... but this almost performed like a clipper more than an upslope event.

agreed if it was pure upslope, whiteface wouldnt have had 6 inches.

Archived