• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Looking towards the beginning of December

CoastalWx

Yeah that was an impressive event for the NEK.... but it wasn't necessarily an "upslope" event. I'm not really surprised at the 6" depth in my front yard but more that those 4-6" amounts were realized in spots that usually don't do well in snow shower type events.

The model QPF though did show a widespread area of around 0.2" QPF...and we had 20:1 ratios which took what looked like a 1-3" event into an advisory level event. The model QPF was more spread into NEK and N.NH than it usually is in orographic situations... but this almost performed like a clipper more than an upslope event.

Yeah you are right. Just some good synoptics. WAA ahead of the front and obviously the push with the front along with a pretty nice s/w will help squeeze out the QPF. Probably a little convergence from the air piling up too. I think the front was pretty shallow at first...IE low inversion heights.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah you are right. Just some good synoptics. WAA ahead of the front and obviously the push with the front along with a pretty nice s/w will help squeeze out the QPF. Probably a little convergence from the air piling up too. I think the front was pretty shallow at first...IE low inversion heights.

No one cares

Man today's cold has been impressive.... so far since midnight, at Morrisville-Stowe Airport (MVL) the max has been 19F (that was at midnight, the daytime high is 14F) and the minimum was 1F this morning. We almost had our first sub-zero morning but alas couldn't quite make it.

Today's high/low:

19/1

Average:

38/21

The midnight high temp was already below our average low...and the afternoon high temp was 7F below the normal low. Pretty impressive cold.

One will be December, unless you pull off .2" in the next few hours by some weenie miracle.

No, that's correct. Parts of NE Mass, and southern NH up to about Dendrite got an 1"+. Western NE didn't fare as well, hence why I said MOST of sne.

I meant the part of you being the last. We'll get ours eventually.

Some guy that goes by the name CA Blizz.

Does he use a slanted ruler? :) I can use one here, but it'll still show "0".

24/-2

Hubb dave what are u temp stats now, if only there was snow cover u'd get to single numbers if clouds hold off

Isn't it cloudy already?

It would be nice to have a fresh snowpack to allow for cooler air. Alas--I should still have my coldest night of the young season.

Not moving a whole lot faster after sunset than during the prior 8 hours.

24/-3

This is a surprise:

A chance of flurries before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

• Saturday A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
  • Saturday Night A chance of snow showers and sleet before midnight, then a chance of freezing rain between midnight and 2am, then a chance of rain showers after 2am. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 28. Southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible

Just like that Mt. Shasta forecast.

Archived