Newest Member
    Toothache
Nov. 12-13th Storm Sytem/Winter Storm.

Thundersnow12

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow falling all morning... Not really sticking ...26F

So much for Turtle's assertion that ground temps would support solid accumulating snow. If air temps in the mid 20s don't allow light snow to accumulate very well, then not much hope for temps around freezing unless there were a heavier burst of snow.

So much for Turtle's assertion that ground temps would support solid accumulating snow. If air temps in the mid 20s don't allow light snow to accumulate very well, then not much hope for temps around freezing unless there were a heavier burst of snow.

Im sure its just that its snowing too lightly. Snow at 26F is not going to melt on contact lol. If the ground wet up in LSE?

Im sure its just that its snowing too lightly. Snow at 26F is not going to melt on contact lol. If the ground wet up in LSE?

That could be the case, and I guess they haven't gotten into the isolated moderate snow pockets, I'm only judging from the solid pockets of 15-20 dbzs in SE Minnesota and WC Wisconsin that the snow should be heavy enough to at least create a solid dusting. Hoping we can get a dusting here as the snow showers sweep ESE.

Its sticking just a little to the neighbors north facing roof...

here is a good cam..this is roughly downtown La Crosse...

http://www.viterbo.e...ing/webcam.aspx

Wow, really snowing on that camera now! I can see snow on the rooftop opposite of the camera. First accumulation on the books!

I guess the ground temperatures are cold enough - I can no longer read the message in the grass.

Archived