• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Historic Sandy Oct 26th - 31st, SE hybrid obs/disco thread....

WeatherNC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing yet, concerned that we might see some extreme winds tomorrow especially if we get some DS winds coming off the mountains along with any sun that might break through. Not that i'm calling for it but our cloud deck could dry up if the DS is strong enough and the winds will then just go crazy! Just some thoughts on what if's for our area

What's up Jason any flurries for pilot? It's finally starting to cool off here, but a long ways to go to even think about a flurry.. still sitting at 50... lol

Thanks for the feedback Delta. How does MOS incorporate climo? Does it incorporate it little by little as you go out in time (with least amount of climo baked into the initial 24 hrs or so)?

It does incorporate it little by little, with the short-term not as much climo in it as the longer range. I really like to use the the "raw" numbers in stuff like this since, its so against the norm/climo. I really think yall see 4-8" up there. KTRI

Latest Canadian loop also supports changeover at TRI tomorrow evening, with some decent squalls at times - http://collaboration...pe_gem_reg.html

Going to be some wild stories coming out of W Virginia...I hope they are ready.

Ya I think so to. 1-3 feet possible. I am wondering with the winds and the chance at significant snowfall if some of the higher elevations in TN/NC are not issued Blizzard warning come tomorrow into Tuesday.

This is from the 11pm National Hurricane Center Advisory.

Certainly a rare several time in a lifetime event in a hurricane advisory!

SNOWFALL...SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 3 FEET ARE EXPECTED IN THE

MOUNTAINS OF WEST VIRGINIA...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER TOTALS TONIGHT

THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. SNOWFALL OF 1 TO 2 FEET IS EXPECTED IN

THE MOUNTAINS OF SOUTHWESTERN VIRGINIA TO THE KENTUCKY BORDER...

WITH 12 TO 18 INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE IN THE MOUNTAINS NEAR THE

NORTH CAROLINA/TENNESSEE BORDER AND IN THE MOUNTAINS OF WESTERN

MARYLAND.

GFS and co continuing to slowly trend south, now almost to delaware. Will have to watch this WSW bend. Could be interesting and would bring some pretty high winds to the area if this thing were to continue trending in our direction or hook WSW after landfall. The MTNS are going to get raked, regardless.

GFS and co continuing to slowly trend south, now almost to delaware. Will have to watch this WSW bend. Could be interesting and would bring some pretty high winds to the area if this thing were to continue trending in our direction or hook WSW after landfall. The MTNS are going to get raked, regardless.

It does seem to have slowed quite a bit, a stall now would cause the weenies in SNE to explode, Wind really isnt that impressive on the buoys offshore for the amount of hype going on, still should be epic for the shear size of the windfield.

My favorite part of the GSP AFD:

THE SREF PLUME DIAGRAMS AT THE KAVL AIRPORT HAVE NEARLY 4

INCHES OF SNOW FOR THE EVENT. THIS IS OFTEN A RELIABLE SNOWFALL

TOOL. OF COURSE 4 INCHES AT THE AIRPORT WOULD TRANSLATE INTO EVEN

MORE TOWARD ASHEVILLE PROPER AND UP INTO THE HIGHER TERRAIN. FOR NOW

I/M LOWER THAN THIS AS I/M A LITTLE SKEPTICAL ABOUT A NW FLOW EVENT

DRIVING HEAVY SNOW THAT FAR SOUTH. HOWEVER...THIS IS ANYTHING BUT A

NORMAL SITUATION. THEREFORE...I/M PUTTING BUNCOMBE COUNTY IN THE

WINTER STORM WARNING. THIS IS VALID AS I DO HAVE 4 TO 6 INCH TOTALS

OVER THE NRN PARTS OF THE COUNTY. OTHERWISE THE SNOW TOTALS HAVEN/T

CHANGED MUCH WITH THIS PACKAGE.

Archived