• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Mid to late October disco/banter thread.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incidentally it appears BOS will come in about -4 or so for the day. Very close to normal for the month at this point after today's numbers are in. Beware of onshore breezes muting torches. Weekend system will stay cool and if one believes the Euro we'll have a somewhat truncated torch next week. Thank you confluence FTW.

Yeah...00z and 12z ec ens were a bit wet into the afternoon. The 12z NAM is really wet...GFS dry. Rain or dry, the show will go on and we'll have fun anyways. Congrats IL on the win if it's a soaker though.

One thing I didn't think about, is a follow up s/w on Saturday. That at the least may cause some anafrontal rains..or even slow the front all together. I figured the GFS was way too fast, but the euro tending to be amped up as usual. The whole system though still shows signs of being somewhat progressive. The flow across the Plains isn't exactly amplified. We'll see what 00z does.

Noticed this the other day.

There is a maidenhair tree right next to where i live and the other night I noticed it had all of its leaves, still all green. We got down to 27 the next night (first freeze) and when I walked back past it the following morning, all of the leaves had fallen off. Every single one was just on the ground, still all green, and the tree was completely bare.

Is this unusual, I couldn't find anything on it online.

Does it equal cold for us?

This is purely speculation and not high confidence, but the beginning of Novie looks decent. If the models are right with a retrograding pattern and we can pump a PNA ridge up in the beginning of November in combo with a weak -NAO (big if) it's not unreasonable to think of something other than rain in part of New England.

My issue is if the gradient pattern sort of sets up further west. That will screw us and then it's congrats MSP.

It feels good to actually have a nice October with a chill in the air and leaves raining down. Just hasn't really felt that way at all in the last 5 years or so. I know 2009 had the snow and what not, but we've had some awful torches.

'09 was pretty cold and had decent foliage...but we lacked the consistent crisp nights leading up to it in September that gave us this year's foliage. This year's foliage was definitely the best in a while, including 2009.

This year had a lot of frosty nights or near-frosty nights. Lots of lows in the 30s and 40s.

It feels good to actually have a nice October with a chill in the air and leaves raining down. Just hasn't really felt that way at all in the last 5 years or so. I know 2009 had the snow and what not, but we've had some awful torches.

Yeah and September felt the same way up here... so nice and refreshing to have a normal to below normal September after the past several years. It started to feel like September was a continuation of August, but not this year. And now October is more normal with good hard freezes, high elevation snow, etc.

The evolution of this fall just feels much better and more optimistic than past years in recent memory.

'09 was pretty cold and had decent foliage...but we lacked the consistent crisp nights leading up to it in September that gave us this year's foliage. This year's foliage was definitely the best in a while, including 2009.

This year had a lot of frosty nights or near-frosty nights. Lots of lows in the 30s and 40s.

Yeah, it's pretty vibrant around here right now. October 2009 was chilly, but at least around here..it's definitely better this year.

I remember those mornings when I was a kid and during a frosty morning...you would see those leaves just slowly raining down with no wind at all blowing. I saw that today when I got out of the city.

Ridiculously outrageous amazing fall day today, played golf at Oak Lane Country Club in Woodbridge Ct and the leaves were amazing the hills ablaze. Tomorrow looks even more magnificent with sun and temps 65-70. I hope things clear out for saturday afternoon, brother in laws bachelor party......playing golf at Lake of Isle and then staying the night at Mohegan.

The transition continues, slowly but surely and I can feel the holiday spirit building with each XMAS catalog that comes in the mail. Hopefully Lexus will pull those awful ads this season, realistic chances of first flurries start to build around Nov 10th. Happy Festivus:)

And a couple in the 20s here

Brisk walk this evening felt great

If Euro ensembles are right...Kevin would get his cold halloween.

Pretty far out in lala range though.

I've been feeling this cold pattern coming end of month for awhile..In fact I don't think it's too hard to fathom a white Helloween..Novie looks like it could be a cold month.

I read today the korean model has a neggy NAo and blocking a cold Eastern Canada and Northeast for all of Nov

Yeah and September felt the same way up here... so nice and refreshing to have a normal to below normal September after the past several years. It started to feel like September was a continuation of August, but not this year. And now October is more normal with good hard freezes, high elevation snow, etc.

The evolution of this fall just feels much better and more optimistic than past years in recent memory.

Palatable

I've been feeling this cold pattern coming end of month for awhile..In fact I don't think it's too hard to fathom a white Helloween..Novie looks like it could be a cold month.

I read today the korean model has a neggy NAo and blocking a cold Eastern Canada and Northeast for all of Nov

I think the end of the month has been targeted for a while. We know the typical caveats at that range, but decent agreement for a cool ending. The beginning of November looks good too.

Ridiculously outrageous amazing fall day today, played golf at Oak Lane Country Club in Woodbridge Ct and the leaves were amazing the hills ablaze. Tomorrow looks even more magnificent with sun and temps 65-70. I hope things clear out for saturday afternoon, brother in laws bachelor party......playing golf at Lake of Isle and then staying the night at Mohegan.

Get after it! I'm at the point where I know winter is inevitable, so I really enjoy these sunny warm days right now. The warm-ups between the cool downs continue to have less bite than the one previous. Not too long ago a warm-up would mean 80F+, then it was 70F+, and now the warm ups are in the 60s.

I sort of wish we still had the color on the trees...these Indian Summer fall days are spectacular with good foliage. Real invigorating stuff. Its stick season up here and that looks real bleak on those cloudy, rainy days, so the back-to-back sunny days are sweet. What I really hate this time of year is the amount of clouds we see. Its the cloudiest time of year for most locations (all?) in New England. High pressure isn't the worst thing, lol.

Archived