• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to late October disco/banter thread.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to be cordial with everyone on here. I have no vested interest in the weather other than longing for cold so I never understood the trolling thing. Next week is November and we're still talking highs in the 60s and lows 45-50, so while we're not hanging up huge departures, it's a steady diet of +5, +6, +7 with no end in sight.

Thank you....i really look foward to reading ur post to this board...amazing how ahead foliage is this year, compared to last. After sandy comes through alot will be down. Amazing how cool nights and warm days does the trick

Thank you....i really look foward to reading ur post to this board...amazing how ahead foliage is this year, compared to last. After sandy comes through alot will be down. Amazing how cool nights and warm days does the trick

That got me thinking, I certainly know there was a handful of chilly nights, but I was wondering about the totality of the month so far, especially since we have another round of mega ++ mins on the way.

ewr

oct

1st -3

2nd +9

3rd +10

4th +13

5th +7

6th +2

7th -3

8th -8

9th +1

10th +3

11th -4

12th -6

13th -15

14th +2

15th +11

16th 0

17th -5

18th -3

19th +17

20th +3

21st +3

22nd +3

23rd +3

24th +11

25th +12

26th +14

27th????+16???

This month is ending up much much warmer than expected.

Was thinking that myself that this may quietly clock in as a widespread +3 month. Other than PVD everyone's over +2 in SNE now I think. Looks like parts of Texas, one county short of the Mexican border, will be able to do what we haven't so far... freezing cold. Looks like BDR will be later than normal on the first freeze.

I'm just so bored with this pattern right now. I would love for something interesting on the east coast.

How about we just bring the cold air in western canada eastward with a 1040 high, and have this sub-tropical monsoon gyre phase into the trough and bring a snowicane...would that be something you might be interested in?

I was of course kidding when I wrote this in the banter thread 2 weeks ago, and now I stand here absolutely devastated at what has transpired. The Jersey beaches, all of the the places I grew up at every summer have been completely demolished. I'm fortunate to have not lost my home or any loved ones as I am a few towns inland, but I know too many close friends who have lost their homes near the coast. Also, the nearby towns of Keyport, Keansburg and Union Beach have been wiped out by the Raritan Bay. This absolutely sucked people, absolutely crushing blow.

I was of course kidding when I wrote this in the banter thread 2 weeks ago, and now I stand here absolutely devastated at what has transpired. The Jersey beaches, all of the the places I grew up at every summer have been completely demolished. I'm fortunate to have not lost my home or any loved ones as I am a few towns inland, but I know too many close friends who have lost their homes near the coast. Also, the nearby towns of Keyport, Keansburg and Union Beach have been wiped out by the Raritan Bay. This absolutely sucked people, absolutely crushing blow.

That sucks, sorry to hear man. Nobody ever wishes that. I know that area as well, used to party down there. As a home owner myself, it's extremely sad to see. How did your home fair? Any damage?

That sucks, sorry to hear man. Nobody ever wishes that. I know that area as well, used to party down there. As a gome owner myself, it's extremely sad to see. How did your home fair? Any damage?

Luckily we had no damage. In fact, my lawn has less tree damage than after Irene which looked like a war zone in my neighborhood (I'm almost positive we had a tornado rip through our neighborhood locally in irene). Elsewhere around us the tree/power line damage is extensive and much worse as a whole than Irene..we will certainly not have power/heat for a few more days. I am not ready to complain about that one bit compared to what others around me are facing. I appreciate your concern man. Will be heading down to help friends pick up the pieces by the ocean this weekend.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/incredible-pictures-of-hurricane-sandys-new-jerse

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/extensive_damage_from_sandy_li.html#incart_maj-story-1

Archived