• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Mid to late October disco/banter thread.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has me more and more concerned is that when you look at the weenie 1-2 week GFS progs, is that at Day 16 absolutely nothing has changed from Day 1.

Take today's 6z... (not saying its right by any means, just disturbing that the map at hour 0 continues to be identical to the map at 384 hours)...

Initialized...

gfs_namer_000_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Day 16... So we're sitting on November 8 in the same place.

gfs_namer_384_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

The GEFS were actually the worst looking with a -PNA and GOA low so no surprise. The overall depiction isn't a torch pattern unlike last November so I'll take that for now. The MJO is progged to go into P2...maybe P3 and then perhaps the circle of death so it's not a crazy Aleutian low pattern specifically. The only thing I was interested at, is the low Atmospheric Angular Momentum. That wouldn't favor AK ridging and favors more AK low I would say, but that is in the realm of my limits....I'm not exactly savvy in the department.

noted next time I am trolled.

95% of his posts lately have been weenie hype. We're all friends here, but it goes both ways. We're been more than lenient compared to other subforums. We've been asking him to reel it in for weeks. This was supposed to be only a 24hr 5ppd but it gets ballooned out of proportion. He puts us in a tough position when we have newb weenies posting stuff that is bad but not as bad as his. I'm ok with some fun hype and playful trolling once in awhile, but when almost all of the posts become hype and zero realistic it's a problem. With that said, we all love Kevin.

o

95% of his posts lately have been weenie hype. We're all friends here, but it goes both ways. We're been more than lenient compared to other subforums. We've been asking him to reel it in for weeks. This was supposed to be only a 24hr 5ppd but it gets ballooned out of proportion. He puts us in a tough position when we have newb weenies posting stuff that is bad but not as bad as his. I'm ok with some fun hype and playful trolling once in awhile, but when almost all of the posts become hype and zero realistic it's a problem. With that said, we all love Kevin.

My morning coffee is not the same without a chuckle from Kev.

I for one am torn.....do I root for this beast, or not? I reallywant to see something historic, but don't want the destruction.

Of course, it doesn't matter what I root for, it will never change the outcome....

W. Ma and Vt don't really need Irene on steroids type rain. Every stream and river and their associated banks were compromised by Irene nd many are still under repair. 10"-15" of rain would absolutely destroy road infrastructure around here.

I'm not sure anybody can say with any certainty what a sub 950 storm plowing into NYC would do. There would no doubt be a lot of people in shelters.

Haha sorry dude, wasn't aimed at you necessarily. We just love to talk the "politics" of this place.

It was just pretty easy to see that 5ppd coming after several mets/mods/posters mentioned they were tired of the relentless hyping and it wasn't even winter yet.

Its like telling a bunch of 5 year olds at ski school that they are going to get a hot chocolate and big piece of cake (hybrid storm) in one hour (8 days)...all the kids smile and get excited and talkative, while one of the kids gets so excited he starts running around the room uncontrollably, knocking over lamps, tables, TV, etc. Sometimes you need to sit that kid down and tell him to calm down.

:weenie:

Just spent a little time leaf blowing in the yard. Can't get over how much earlier the drop is this season compared to last.

Wonder if the early spring adds to that.

Anyway, it will be moot when my trees blow over next week

We're just getting started with the drop. Trees are starting to go bare in spots after a rather lackluster foliage peak. If we get any kind of wind early next week that will certainly speed things up. If it can't feel like late fall at least it can look like it.

We're just getting started with the drop. Trees are starting to go bare in spots after a rather lackluster foliage peak. If we get any kind of wind early next week that will certainly speed things up. If it can't feel like late fall at least it can look like it.

I politely disagree I thought the colors this year were excellent and much better than the past two seasons, especially the maples which were excellent in my opinion, just passing peak here with plenty of leaves down everywhere!

I politely disagree I thought the colors this year were excellent and much better than the past two seasons, especially the maples which were excellent in my opinion, just passing peak here with plenty of leaves down everywhere!

No question it was better than anything recently, and certainly beats mostly green trees heading into November, but as someone else pointed out it seemed the color change was out of sync and I felt a lot of the colors were muted. Just my opinion, and it seems to vary widely by person and area, but I'm using powderfreak's pics as my benchmark, perhaps unfairly.

No question it was better than anything recently, and certainly beats mostly green trees heading into November, but as someone else pointed out it seemed the color change was out of sync and I felt a lot of the colors were muted. Just my opinion, and it seems to vary widely by person and area, but I'm using powderfreak's pics as my benchmark.

Well hard to compare Greenwich to the north kingdom, but agreed on pockets rather than a general mosaic. Outside my front bay window we are a few days away from mostly bare trees, leafapalooza.

hmm let's see 50's here Sunday, 59 today, mid 50's tomorrow and upper 50's Friday.. I guess that's where

you live in a dream world, it was upper 60s in HFD BOS PVD and BDR yesterday and 60s in orh..........thur-sun is an all out torch.

You seriously need to get a grip, you know weather, but this act or lapse into weenietown is costing you credibility, get your **** together man.

Archived