• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Mid to late October disco/banter thread.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer everyone's question..I got 5 posted without any kind of warning yesterday. A certain person has had it out for me for some time..and made a post yesterday to illicit a response from me and as soon as he got the response he knew he would get..he took it upon himself to 5 post me..Again without provocation or warning. This is how he treats long standing posters..who by the way had never even been warned before in 10+ years on the boards. Look at some of the posts yesterday in the Sandy thread..and I'm the one that gets banned. He has a personal vendetta against me..It's what happens when you put someone in a power position that should not be there.

That being said..make today the best day you've ever had

Another step toward the dissolution of AmWx? Lol

Heading for the mid 60's today upper 60's late week. October will finish well into the red for SNE stations.

Yes, no idea what the KFALLS was looking at regarding cold and no warmth this month, its been beautiful warm sunny day after beautiful warm sunny day end of this week is going to be really nice.

Hopefully a meaningful pattern change can finally take place by mid November, so it feels like the season as we approach Thanksgiving.

To answer everyone's question..I got 5 posted without any kind of warning yesterday. A certain person has had it out for me for some time..and made a post yesterday to illicit a response from me and as soon as he got the response he knew he would get..he took it upon himself to 5 post me..Again without provocation or warning. This is how he treats long standing posters..who by the way had never even been warned before in 10+ years on the boards. Look at some of the posts yesterday in the Sandy thread..and I'm the one that gets banned. He has a personal vendetta against me..It's what happens when you put someone in a power position that should not be there.

That being said..make today the best day you've ever had

Armeggon mode

The same T blizz. We'll be near to perhaps below normal, but not significantly so. Pesky GOA low still hanging around, but weakening a bit.

What has me more and more concerned is that when you look at the weenie 1-2 week GFS progs, is that at Day 16 absolutely nothing has changed from Day 1.

Take today's 6z... (not saying its right by any means, just disturbing that the map at hour 0 continues to be identical to the map at 384 hours)...

Initialized...

gfs_namer_000_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Day 16... So we're sitting on November 8 in the same place.

gfs_namer_384_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Not of AmWx but certainly towards some of our favorite regulars

Come on, sometimes we all get too wrapped up in this stuff... its fairly simple what the etiquette is on here. 95% of the regulars never have any issues and apparently know what/how to post. Others stretch the boundaries at times, and now that there's something to talk about, the mods are just saying reel in the unnecessary hype and trolling.

I like what Dendrite said the other day about this being a science board and not a hype board. You want hype, just subscribe to JB's twitter account.

Come on, sometimes we all get too wrapped up in this stuff... its fairly simple what the etiquette is on here. 95% of the regulars never have any issues and apparently know what/how to post. Others stretch the boundaries at times, and now that there's something to talk about, the mods are just saying reel in the unnecessary hype and trolling.

I like what Dendrite said the other day about this being a science board and not a hype board. You want hype, just subscribe to JB's twitter account.

It was 9 frigging days before any threat, the only science done was by reading models. The moderation team has a delete button. JB's not the only one who understands what the pattern implicated. All science all the time expected from you from now on?

I'm personally not being dramatic about it. I know others are that you would certainly miss. Don't shoot the messenger lol.

Haha sorry dude, wasn't aimed at you necessarily. We just love to talk the "politics" of this place.

It was just pretty easy to see that 5ppd coming after several mets/mods/posters mentioned they were tired of the relentless hyping and it wasn't even winter yet.

Its like telling a bunch of 5 year olds at ski school that they are going to get a hot chocolate and big piece of cake (hybrid storm) in one hour (8 days)...all the kids smile and get excited and talkative, while one of the kids gets so excited he starts running around the room uncontrollably, knocking over lamps, tables, TV, etc. Sometimes you need to sit that kid down and tell him to calm down.

It was 9 frigging days before any threat, the only science done was by reading models. The moderation team has a delete b

He was told to tone it down and instead he called out a mod in response...what do you expect to happen?

I'm not sure why the staff gets crapped on for trying to keep the hype down on a threat 1 week out...keeping a thread clean. We have a banter thread.

Haha sorry dude, wasn't aimed at you necessarily. We just love to talk the "politics" of this place.

It was just pretty easy to see that 5ppd coming after several mets/mods/posters mentioned they were tired of the relentless hyping and it wasn't even winter yet.

Its like telling a bunch of 5 year olds at ski school that they are going to get a hot chocolate and big piece of cake (hybrid storm) in one hour (8 days)...all the kids smile and get excited and talkative, while one of the kids gets so excited he starts running around the room uncontrollably, knocking over lamps, tables, TV, etc. Sometimes you need to sit that kid down and tell him to calm down.

Haha no offense taken but the last paragraph :lmao: hilarious

It was 9 frigging days before any threat, the only science done was by reading models. The moderation team has a delete button. JB's not the only one who understands what the pattern implicated. All science all the time expected from you from now on?

No but I also won't be arbitrarily "tossing" all runs that don't give me the most exciting weather, and when asked about why I tossed a model run, I won't say, "because it was a miss."

And then I won't say the only reason a model is correct is because it causes the most damaging weather possible.

Dude you and I both don't just post things like "all we can say right now is prepare for heavy heavy damage" on a day 9 prog.

No but I also won't be arbitrarily "tossing" all runs that don't give me the most exciting weather, and when asked about why I tossed a model run, I won't say, "because it was a miss."

And then I won't say the only reason a model is correct is because it causes the most damaging weather possible.

Dude you and I both don't just post things like "all we can say right now is prepare for heavy heavy damage" on a day 9 prog.

ha yeah Kev being Kev destroyed that thread, everyone went to the store immediately.

Archived