joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2012 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not like we've had well above average departures for days and days on end.

Are you being sarcastic? We had +10 yesterday and likely another +10 today (at least) and tomorrow. 3 consecutive +10s is nothing to sneeze at. Overall, the weather the past month has been pretty nice, but a 66F low on Oct 4? C'mon. On the brightside, at least this hot muggy weather didn't occur on the weekend, and fortunately Monday is a holiday. Will be a great day to be outdoors.

Are you being sarcastic? We had +10 yesterday and likely another +10 today (at least) and tomorrow. 3 consecutive +10s is nothing to sneeze at. Overall, the weather the past month has been pretty nice, but a 66F low on Oct 4? C'mon. On the brightside, at least this hot muggy weather didn't occur on the weekend, and fortunately Monday is a holiday. Will be a great day to be outdoors.

But big departures aren't uncommon. You just make it sound like we've had a heat wave or something.

Like you said, the weather has been really nice over the last few weeks, so IMO a three-day span of fairly above-normal departures shouldn't be reason to claim that it feels like July. Besides, you already admit that you know it's going to cool down over the weekend. In fact, it could be well below normal for a few days coming up, so the wailing and gnashing of teeth about wamth seems a wee bit over the top (again, IMO).

Insha'Allah, if there's an ALDS Game 1 in Baltimore on Sunday night (which I have tickets for), 12z GFS has temps in the low 40s with drizzle. Nice...

I got some free tickets in July and almost melted to my seat. I'd take 40's all day long after that day. Pretty exciting to see the O's in the post season. Not a huge baseball fan but I pay attention. My hunch is they knock off the Rangers and go 7 games against the yanks.

I got some free tickets in July and almost melted to my seat. I'd take 40's all day long after that day. Pretty exciting to see the O's in the post season. Not a huge baseball fan but I pay attention. My hunch is they knock off the Rangers and go 7 games against the yanks.

I hope they do knock off the Rangers because I have tickets to the games on Sunday and Monday at OPACY. FYI...the division series' are only 5 games. It would be 2 in Baltimore and then 3 in NY.

I hope they do knock off the Rangers because I have tickets to the games on Sunday and Monday at OPACY. FYI...the division series' are only 5 games. It would be 2 in Baltimore and then 3 in NY.

It's been so long since I've seen baseball playoffs that I'm interested in I can't even remember that simple fact. LOL

Birds top yanks 3 games to 2.

Snow discussed in this mornings AFD from Charleston:

Interestingly...all models are indicating that the higher elevations

could see some snow with the Sunday system. This will completely

depend on extent of the cold air push behind the front on Saturday.

Since models are in agreement...will run some snow in the highest

elevations. Believe that ground is too warm to accumulate however.

...figuring on low pressure wave and its associated deeper moisture

exiting quickly NE by 00z Monday. We have 850 mb temperature

dropping to around minus 2 or minus 3 Sunday night. Will hold onto

stratocumulus clouds and chance probability of precipitation longer for light rain showers

mostly...with some light snow showers at or above 2500 feet. If that does

occur ... unusual about the first flakes of the season on

October 7th/8th at those elevations.

Insha'Allah, if there's an ALDS Game 1 in Baltimore on Sunday night (which I have tickets for), 12z GFS has temps in the low 40s with drizzle. Nice...

I have tickets for that game too, it's gonna be a cold day and night! I hope the game is at least played during the day. This could be a record lowest maximum day for BWI (which we seem to be getting at least one every October now).

Forecast for snowshoe...

Sunday

Rain and snow, mainly before 5pm. High near 37. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Archived