• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
End of September/Early October banter/disco.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I shoudn't bother putting OBS in this page..

But 55F TT and 40F TD

Nice fall look to the sunset earlier.

Nice MDT CU earlier against some foliage coming on. Took a few pics.. With that mid level S/W coming though.

Still need to update my last winters snow totals.. It was so pathetic I never did in the signature

Okay, I'm out. Going for a walk in the dropping Temps. ..

Man, I shoudn't bother putting OBS in this page..

But 55F TT and 40F TD

Nice fall look to the sunset earlier.

Nice MDT CU earlier against some foliage coming on. Took a few pics.. With that mid level S/W coming though.

Still need to update my last winters snow totals.. It was so pathetic I never did in the signature

Okay, I'm out. Going for a walk in the dropping Temps. ..

43F/41 another sweet early autumn evening in the hills

Oh, Nice Dave! You're killing my readings at this hour.

I may drive out that way after work tomorrow at KORH. If not tomorrow, Wednesday.

Won't be nearly as cool tomorrow night. A local meso site hit 34F this morning. I have yet to see frost but my downstairs was chilly early today. At some point I will need to have the thermostat back into fall/winter mode.

One day last week when it was cold it made one of our smoke detectors (hard wired, but the battery back up was dying) chirp

Not sure if Ginx has a bird fetish... but this was really cool. A crazy number of birds showed up all day on radar throughout S CT (almost from HVN to GON) and they all landed at sunset on one tiny island in Old Lyme on the CT River. Apparently it happens for a couple weeks every year and there are 500K+ of them!

http://ryanhanrahan.com/2012/09/24/the-mysterious-radar-echoes-are-no-longer-mysterious/

Not sure if Ginx has a bird fetish... but this was really cool. A crazy number of birds showed up all day on radar throughout S CT (almost from HVN to GON) and they all landed at sunset on one tiny island in Old Lyme on the CT River. Apparently it happens for a couple weeks every year and there are 500K+ of them!

http://ryanhanrahan....ger-mysterious/

That's really cool. I've noticed even at KBOX...there has been weird echoes near the shoreline of MA at times in the morning. Not the typical little signature that starts in one area and then spreads out equally. Just these interesting echoes..I assumed birds as well.

Page 8 was very entertaining. Just thought I would share that I got down to 29.9 degrees this morning breaking the old record by 7 degrees and one of the earliest frost that I can ever remember having down here. I always read the NE forum and it is always full of great pics and discussion. Have a great night guys!

Page 8 was very entertaining. Just thought I would share that I got down to 29.9 degrees this morning breaking the old record by 7 degrees and one of the earliest frost that I can ever remember having down here. I always read the NE forum and it is always full of great pics and discussion. Have a great night guys!

You live at 3500ft?

Archived