• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
End of September/Early October banter/disco.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

close to a sultan signal day 6/7 with that ULL digging down into the GL and some sort of surface development along the coast. if HP can hang in to the northeast could have some pretty deep SE inflow.

Yeah all models sort of have that signal. Last week it seemed like the storm may be more towards 10/1 or 10/2, but some different features causing this to possibly occur Saturday or Sunday? Maybe.

It might be a coldish Sultan signal with that storm developing to our south...though the GFS tries to tug the storm into the Hudson valley which would eventually warm sector us...but the Euro keeps it SE of us. If it stays coastal/offshore, could be a raw Nor' Easter.

Thankfully I only have one of those pest Oak Tree's on my property and this year acorn drop has been very light so far. The last time this tree had heavy acorn drop was in the fall of 2010. Crabgrass has died early this year and lawn growth is slowing down earlier than the last few years in areas where I don't fertilize due to the recent cold weather at night.

Foliage looks about on par for what it should be. It seems fast because of the recent span of warm Falls, but it looks about average from what I remember...give or take a few days.

Definitely ahead of recent years, but I'd call it 4-5 days ahead of avg (very subjective.) Three frosts last week have started things in earnest, another this morning should help. I'm happy about it, not just normal winterweenyism but because family from Decatur, IL (where fall doesn't begin until mif-Oct) is scheduled to arrive tomorrow for a week, and they hope to see some good colors.

Definitely ahead of recent years, but I'd call it 4-5 days ahead of avg (very subjective.) Three frosts last week have started things in earnest, another this morning should help. I'm happy about it, not just normal winterweenyism but because family from Decatur, IL (where fall doesn't begin until mif-Oct) is scheduled to arrive tomorrow for a week, and they hope to see some good colors.

No frosts here, but the colors are coming out. The mild days and cool nights certainly help.

Archived