• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
End of September/Early October banter/disco.

CoastalWx

Wow... ORH down to +1.0F on the month before today

Today will be the 7th negative day in the last 10, and one of those was a +0

Nice mild down...

Yeah, I thought about 10 days ago we would end up way closer than thought at the beginning of the month. I think PVD is pretty much locked for negative, and BOS has a great chance. ORH isn't a lock yet for positive either...we'll see how the end of the week shapes up with that potential storm...if we end up with a raw nor' easter, they could finish negative.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I thought about 10 days ago we would end up way closer than thought at the beginning of the month. I think PVD is pretty much locked for negative, and BOS has a great chance. ORH isn't a lock yet for positive either...we'll see how the end of the week shapes up with that potential storm...if we end up with a raw nor' easter, they could finish negative.

That would be an impressive accomplishment if they went negative.

That would be an impressive accomplishment if they went negative.

Yeah it would considering they were like +3.5 two weeks in, lol.

If that storm can get cranking a bit up underneath LI, that would really make it cold, esp in the interior with that high off to the northeast...big CAD setup. That's the type of day where they could put up like a 51/47. But we'll have to wait and see how that whole complex H5 setup evolves.

Yeah it would considering they were like +3.5 two weeks in, lol.

If that storm can get cranking a bit up underneath LI, that would really make it cold, esp in the interior with that high off to the northeast...big CAD setup. That's the type of day where they could put up like a 51/47. But we'll have to wait and see how that whole complex H5 setup evolves.

Did you see the end of the 18z gfs? LOL.

I remember when the pig pile on the guy who explained bird returns on radar happened here.

They happen all the time on radar. It wasn't really a dual pol thing.

The echoes today were unusually persistent and large all afternoon for some reason. Not sure why they were today as opposed to other days.

They happen all the time on radar. It wasn't really a dual pol thing.

The echoes today were unusually persistent and large all afternoon for some reason. Not sure why they were today as opposed to other days.

It really was/ is neat. Another great sign we have just obliterated summer here. Another great spot is Napatree point, for some reason its a checkpoint for migrating hawks, falcons of all kinds. One thing I have not seen since my youth, hundreds of thousands of black birds, the sky would get black in sections, the electric lines were just loaded with them.you see them now but the numbers are not what they used to be.

Archived