• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of September/Early October banter/disco.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foliage is at peak... absolutely awesome colors around here... here's driving into work this morning.

Amazing colors. Connecticut used to have vibrant colors in the fall. Perhaps these hotter summers are taking their toll, because I can't recall the last good foliage season around here.

Amazing colors. Connecticut used to have vibrant colors in the fall. Perhaps these hotter summers are taking their toll, because I can't recall the last good foliage season around here.

Yeah I'm not sure I can ever remember living through foliage like this before... I know that sounds dramatic but it truly is something else. Its all anyone can talk about... long time jaded locals/mtn employees are out taking pictures, lol. A good deal of nights in the 30s and mild days in the 60s to near 80F must've really done the trick.

The reds are the standout. Many have said they can't remember reds like this in a while. No idea what species it is, but the weather pattern hit the right spot with the reds. This morning's early light on the east-facing slope really lit it up.

IMG_7919_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7927_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7931_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7934_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7939_edited-2.jpg

I should probably post these in the foliage thread instead of here... but today's views were something else after the mountain came out of the fog and clouds from the last 3 days from the upper level low.

Yeah I'm not sure I can ever remember living through foliage like this before... I know that sounds dramatic but it truly is something else. Its all anyone can talk about... long time jaded locals/mtn employees are out taking pictures, lol. A good deal of nights in the 30s and mild days in the 60s to near 80F must've really done the trick.

The reds are the standout. Many have said they can't remember reds like this in a while. No idea what species it is, but the weather pattern hit the right spot with the reds. This morning's early light on the east-facing slope really lit it up.

IMG_7919_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7927_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7931_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7934_edited-2.jpg

IMG_7939_edited-2.jpg

I should probably post these in the foliage thread instead of here... but today's views were something else after the mountain came out of the fog and clouds from the last 3 days from the upper level low.

Those are some sweet pics right there scott

+1 Plenty of nice foliage color to be found here in Northeastern Connecticut and way better in quality than last fall.

Agreed. I live in Woodstock and work in Brooklyn, and there's a bit more color at home.

Driving on rt. 44 from Eastford to Pomfret in the am is incredible for a week or two every year. Tons of trees, great colors, and very little in the way of buildings for much of it.

on the 0z gfs, SVT has a elevation snow fall on sunday, and the Northern berkshires do as well

also the euro ens were cooler then the OP (from what i see)

this isn't fantasy land this is inside of 120 hrs, elevation events occur at elevation over 2k in S VT plenty of times in early october, perhaps savoy/peru see something as well

i will be in n.conway sat/sun perhaps i should make sure the hotel i get is in jackson or bartlett at 1k+

Archived