• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of September/Early October banter/disco.

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait to see the pictures. Me and the wife may be up next weekend. Anything running to the top for peepers.

Gondola and restaurant are open till October 14th... same with the auto toll road.

Foliage is really taking off... will post some pictures in the next couple days. Next weekend will probably be pretty close to peak for the mountain from 1,500ft and up.

If this were a month ago, he'd be saying downslope in the valleys and harping BDL temps. Tis the season to start quelling his cold and snow forecasts.

lol... its true. Those MOS numbers would've been too low a month ago, and there would've been no mention of a chill in the hills.

I much prefer the cold CT Blizz though, so no complaints.

Impressive stat posted by snowman....just seems hard to get a double digit departure these days.....big boost this year was the extremely above avg overnight lows...hopefully we flip the switch in december....04 style cold in sne?

Well the sizzle comment was tongue and cheek, but it has been very warm here for sure. As far as September goes...I said back in either late July or early August that September could be warmer than normal, but if a more El Nino like pattern develops...it may act to cool it off. We are sort of seeing that over the last two weeks or so.

Well the sizzle comment was tongue and cheek, but it has been very warm here for sure. As far as September goes...I said back in either late July or early August that September could be warmer than normal, but if a more El Nino like pattern develops...it may act to cool it off. We are sort of seeing that over the last two weeks or so.

No i agree with you...the post was funny...i would have thought torch sept also, giving how warm we started. But since then the weather has been unbelievable, cool nights and warm days. Nice to have a normal sept for once....obviously the torch pattern is done.....you have been spot on with cool shots

idk about worthless at d5, but yeah past d7.

It was awful last winter past day 5 with numerous fantasy snowstorms, Euro has been a little off lately GFS manhandled it a few times in the tropics this summer. Major bias of holding energy back over the sw and strong ULLs.

Weather looks amazing for the forseeable future, we are heading north next weekend...............really should be a great trip.

Think snow!

It was awful last winter past day 5 with numerous fantasy snowstorms, Euro has been a little off lately GFS manhandled it a few times in the tropics this summer. Major bias of holding energy back over the sw and strong ULLs.

Weather looks amazing for the forseeable future, we are heading north next weekend...............really should be a great trip.

Think snow!

Well I'm talking the general H5 synoptic pattern. The euro still defeats the GFS there at d5. Every model has their share of phantom storms at that time range.

Well I'm talking the general H5 synoptic pattern. The euro still defeats the GFS there at d5. Every model has their share of phantom storms at that time range.

I understand, the Euro had many phantom snowstorms last winter, I guess if you ran the numbers its still king, but it has had its share of defeats lately, the GFS is certainly improving.

I understand, the Euro had many phantom snowstorms last winter, I guess if you ran the numbers its still king, but it has had its share of defeats lately, the GFS is certainly improving.

Yeah, no model is perfect, but they're all improving with upgrades. It's amazing how far we've come in 10-20 years.

aczhist.sm.gif

Archived