Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
TS Isaac Banter Thread

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be a SNE threat, of course after landfall somewhere along the Gulf Coast and then running Northeastward in land. The threat would be heavy rain and that is about it... None of these EC/SNE pipe dream landfalls that the CMC keep pumping out. The pattern is not favorable for anything like that.

It would be nice if this came far enough west to affect some of the areas in bad drought but I guess that is not the most likely solution.

These types of discussion places have always focused on low probability events like they are possible with every storm. The difference is now that speculation is also part of the mainstream dialogue. I can't wait till NHC starts the 7 day.

Seven day has been running behind the scenes since last year. Stopped it for awhile when the 'public' found access to it but has started up again this year.

Seven day has been running behind the scenes since last year. Stopped it for awhile when the 'public' found access to it but has started up again this year.

Meant publicly.. did hear talk from NHC about it at conferences.

These types of discussion places have always focused on low probability events like they are possible with every storm. The difference is now that speculation is also part of the mainstream dialogue. I can't wait till NHC starts the 7 day.

What does the Accuwx 25 day forecast say?

It might be a SNE threat, of course after landfall somewhere along the Gulf Coast and then running Northeastward in land. The threat would be heavy rain and that is about it... None of these EC/SNE pipe dream landfalls that the CMC keep pumping out. The pattern is not favorable for anything like that.

yeap, eastern gulf and heavy rain up the coast at this point, but those islands are going to hurt it.

Nope. Every potentially interesting weather system is going to SNE. That's the way it was back on Storm97 and that's the way it will always be.

To be pedantic Storm97 was a 90% Florida-based board, and other than the infamous PAUK, EVERY storm was the next Andrew (especially if it was a sheared CV tropical storm) and EVERY storm was "building its own ridge to the north" and would start moving West, even if it had already recurved and was HEADING north (as I was repeatedly told on Storm97 about Erika of that year).

This season (and the previous 16) we have had lots of mugginess...

but no tropical action. I did see some tropical action in the Bahamas in 1996. I blame my wife for choosing our honeymoon destination.

I don't even want a landfall, just the rains following it. Irene last year was a b**ch

:lmao:

It can make a loop after giving Josh a YP landfall, buzz east over FL, then head north, scraping every subforum along the coast on the way.

Ends up in Poland

Anyway, looks kinda meh on that model south of Cuba

That would be hilarious if it did that

Archived